Help! We have an offer (and with that some questions)

ChrisinBris

Hi folks,

We have an offer for a 457 sponsored relocation for me. I am trying to figure out how much cash we have for all expenses etc and things would obviously be a lot easier if my wife can get work as well.

I am trying to establish how difficult it would be for her to get a teaching job in Brisbane? Are (English) teachers in demand?

We have checked out the Queensland College of Teachers requirements and she should be able to register to teach without too much hassle (she has an MA in literature, no teaching degree/diploma and three years teaching experience). They want us end of September!! Should we try to register her before we ariive or sort it out once we are over?

We have also checked out job sites for teachers but they are more business focussed, so any hints on teaching based sites would be very useful.

Finally, I am trying to get some info from my prospective employers, but would like to bounce the question here. Super annuation - does that usually come out of the amount quoted to employees or is it something the company pays directly and you are just informed about? I am trying to figure out if my package quoted is a cost-to-company or a gross number...

Thanks folks

Well, first of all, congratulations on your offer! Great news!

I can't answer the questions about teaching in QLD - I'm a Sydney girl myself, but with regards to the Superannuation, it should state in your letter of offer if the amount quoted includes or excludes the Super contribution of 9%. If it doesn't specify, you need to get in touch with your future employer and ask them to calrify for you as there is no standard practice.

Good luck with all the planning!

Ajay

Ajay.

sorry slightly off topic, but not really.

If the super annuation is included, in my visa application should I take that amount off to get a nett amount and only include it where it wants the total package figure?

Thanks

Well, first of all, congratulations on your offer! Great news!

I can't answer the questions about teaching in QLD - I'm a Sydney girl myself, but with regards to the Superannuation, it should state in your letter of offer if the amount quoted includes or excludes the Super contribution of 9%. If it doesn't specify, you need to get in touch with your future employer and ask them to calrify for you as there is no standard practice.

Good luck with all the planning!

Ajay

Thanks Ajay.

The contract and all the documents that was sent to me left me confused as to which it was, so I have tried to get hold of the company and ask for some clarity...

Am still awaiting response.

Yes, offer is great news but they want us there in 8 weeks. That feels like tomorrow, can we wrap up a life in such a short time..house, cars, stuff *panic*