What are the houses like in the Hills?

ta'mossie

Hi everyone

Ok, after reading Didl's post about the small house in Melbourne, i started to wonder about the houses in the Hills. Can u guys that live in the Hills pse comment on the average house for lets say $550 -$600?

I can live with small. We have already moved from a 5 bedroom double storey to a small 3 bedroom house. I have already scaled down. What i am interested in however, is the cubboard space. Does the average house have a garage?

I would appreciate your input.

regards

karen

Edited by ta'mossie

Hi there

It depends on the house. Project homes generally have bic and garages but most older homes just have carports. Alot of houses though have under house storage or a storeroom. We have had a house with no bic, a house with tons of bic and our current home has bic but 99% is hanging space. Don't know if the Aussies hang their bras and panties or what but hell I would bring a chest of draws or two with.

Hope this helps.

I've lived in Cherrybrook for nearly 3 years. I probablt looked at about a dozen houses before renting our first place, and more recently, I think I went through almost every house in the neighbourhood when we decided to buy! The majority of the houses in the Hills are a good size, with at least one garage (but generally 2) and bic's in all of the bedrooms. However, the cupboards don't have shelves - hanging space only - so you need to buy shelving or trolley shelves and store those in some of the hanging space - no biggie once you get used to it <_<

Hope this helps...

Ajay

Hi Karen

The houses are ok in size we live in 4 bedroom house which is fine for me. All the rooms have bic. But its like everyone says no shelves so if you can bring shelving trolleys or chest of draws. Most houses have a least one garage but the average is two.

Edited by ozzewa

thanx guys! Seems we have some shopping to do!

• 3 months later...

Does anyone from the Hills area work in the CBD? I have been looking on google earth and realestate and I really like the houses in Castle Hill and Cherrybrook and surrounding areas but it seems like one helluva long drive to the city. My hubby will be working in Balmain.

I would just like to know roughly how long it takes you to get to work, or whether we really should rather not look in those areas at all, I think anything longer than an hour in traffic just seems like a waste of the day!!

Hi there

We live in Castle Hill. My husband works in the CBD. He takes the bus everyday it takes him about 1h 10min.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The City bus also picks up in Cherrybrook, takes about an hour. Lots of time to read, listen to music, etc.

sa2auz, I agree with you about the "smalls" storage. We have a walk-in dressing area, plenty of hanging space, but NO drawers at all. We went to Bunnings and bought those wire basket systems, which we'll just take with to the next place. All the bedrooms have bics but no shelves/drawers! We bought loads of hangers and now hang EVERYTHING, even t-shirts and pj's. Annoying when you're still renting, but not a train smash.

Most houses have what we call a "Harry Potter room" under the stairs, amazing how much stuff you can fit in there! Suitcases, boxes, cooler boxes and heaps more...also the coolest place in the house on a really hot day.

zorba