Hume Region North Eastern Victoria

bienkie

Hi there

I would like to know if anyone has some info on this area of Victoria - especially Seymour, Wangaratta, Benalla, Shepparton and Wodonga. I did look on the internet but I would like to read of more "personal" experiences about this area.

And photos would be wonderful!!!

Bienkie

Hi there

I would like to know if anyone has some info on this area of Victoria - especially Seymour, Wangaratta, Benalla, Shepparton and Wodonga. I did look on the internet but I would like to read of more "personal" experiences about this area.

And photos would be wonderful!!!

Bienkie

Hi Bienkie

We travelled from Bendigo via Shepparton on way to Melbourne. There are plastic/ceramic brighly painted cows in a park in Shep - serious! The roads are good, town is neat - looks like a farming community about 180 km from Melb. I thought it was quite beautiful, but not a big place. Try http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/

Good luck - we are also going to Victoria by end 2009.

Retha

Good place to live.

Close enough to Melbourne for big shopping

Good for travel to other parts of Australia for holidays.

Very cool in winter. Very warm in summer.

• 2 months later...

I recently travelled to Seymour for a weekend. Seems like quite a nice place, the little town of Nagambie is quite nice. I'll be working over there soon - Mangalore, in between Seymour and Nagambie.

Hi there

I did find more information about Wangaratta where we will be going: www.visitwangaratta.com.au Seems like a nice place to live....will find out soon!!!!

Bienkie