CV Upgrade

eddie

Hi everybody

I was searching the forum for CV's. I know there was a discussion a while ago, but unfortunately can not find it. If there is someone that could help me with a sample, it will be grately appreciated. Mine must be upgrated and Im not quite sure what they need.

Thank you all

Eddie :blush:

Hi Eddie,

Under the Forum- Employment, sub- Tips,Queries, there's been postings about CV's also on the seek.com web site you register with them and can put your CV on there site and they'll also send you jobs according to the description you put down. It's very helpful.

Hope this help :ph34r:

Regards

Fifi

Hi everybody

I was searching the forum for CV's. I know there was a discussion a while ago, but unfortunately can not find it. If there is someone that could help me with a sample, it will be grately appreciated. Mine must be upgrated and Im not quite sure what they need.

Thank you all

Eddie :blush:

Hi Eddie,

You might have more success if you search for the word resumé. They often refer to a CV as a resumé in Australia. :blush:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Eddie,

You might have more success if you search for the word resumé. They often refer to a CV as a resumé in Australia. :ilikeit:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Everyone

I did get the sample of the CV. Thanks for your help

Eddie :whome:

Eddie

Although I mostly recruit (here in Brisbane) in Engineering, IT, Finance and Executive staff, I found the following structure to be effective as well. Hope this helps:

CV - Suggested layout

Personal details

Your Name, Contact details (email and phone), Availability (how quick can you be in Oz for interviews, or available for phone interviews that sort of thing)

Summary

This should be a paragraph or two - giving a brief description of yourself and your core skills. If you are IT a skill matrix will be a great add here.

Work Experience

• In chronological order (current or last job first)
  • Dates you were at company
  • Name of company
  • Brief description of company - because they don't know the SA companies - just a couple of lines e.g. type of business and size etc
  • Main duties and responsibilities
  • Reason for Leaving

Education

Qualifications and courses attended here

Other

Achievements, Publications, Referee details (email addresses and land line numbers)PM me your resume if you want and I am happy to have a look at it for you (even if you are not in any of these areas

:ilikeit:

Shandell :whome: