Eug_Jaco: Krügers waiting in anticipation for visa

Eug_Jaco

Goeiedag!

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My husband, Jaco, and I sent off his Visa Application for Ozzie last week and hope to have it in our hot little hands by the end of the month...the wait is already intolerable! I grew up in South Africa, left when I was 17, lived in NZ for 10 years and another year in Canada....came to SA on holiday and met my husband. I've been back for almost a year now and I really thought I could make a life here again, but it's just not working and we've decided to head to Ozzie. I'm a NZ citizen, so it's no probs, but hubbie has applied for a NZ family sponsorship visa...so here's hoping all goes well and it's accepted!

I can't wait to get to Ozzie, although I KNOW I'll miss my family so much (AGAIN!) as well as the stunning mountains and beautiful vineyards here in the Winelands.

I'll start reading through the forum and see if I can get any advice on life in Perth. I've been to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne on holiday while living in NZ, but we've decided on Perth because of its proximity to SA and because we'd like to work in the mines in Kalgoorlie (I drove Heavy Haul trucks at the oilsands in Alberta, Canada).

So anyway, there's that! Will catch you all on the forum in time :)

Hi EugenieK

Welcome here to our cyberworld, hope that your road is a smooth one!

Hi EugenieK

Welcome. You are very brave with all the moving.

Good luck

regards

Enrica

Hi EugenieK,

Welcome to the forum, you seem a pro at moving around !!!

Best of luck with your plans.

Welcome

You sound as if you have done as much moving as I have!

I spent 14 months in Perth and 16 months in Albany and we are just waiting( day 39!) for our new 457 to come through and head off to the mines in Queensland, I was born in the U.K and emigrated to South Africa with my parents on 12th July 1982, I went back to the U.K in 1991 and visited my parents back in RSA in 1995 where I met my hubby who is also a pom, before we came to Oz in December 2005 we spent 3 years in Namibia, but yes missing your family does hit you no matter how many times you have done it.

Good luck with everything and give me a yell if you need any info about Perth etc, my good friends hubby spent some time in Kalgoorlie so I will email her to see if he has any connections for you there.

All the best

Andrea L

Hello!

Welcme to the forum <_<

Jeepers - it sounds like you've really done a lot of moving around - so this should be easy-peasy for you!

Best of luck with it all,

Leigh

Hi and welcome!

I think that we will have to come to you on advice for how to move and stay sane! You have had piles of practice! Good luck with this one.

Allison

Hi daar.

Welkom en hoop jul kry al jul antwoorde wat jul soek op die forum.

Sterkte met jul besluit vorentoe.

Urs