bluegill: Heading for Perth

bluegill

Hi all

I am also from the Upper Highway area, in Hillcrest!

RoMar: When you were referring to a great turnout, what are you referring to? Is it the coffee club?

I have received a job offer in Perth, we have had X-rays & the kids medicals were all clear & the documents arrived in Sydney today. We have applied on a 457 visa. Our application was lodged on 18 June 2008 & with the medicals completed, we are now waiting. Not too sure what happens next, but Elliots called today & they want to come & "size up" what we are taking with.

Great forum.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Congrats on the job offer!!

Also from Hillcrest, but spent the last 7 years in SA in Jhb, although all my family still live in Hillcrest/Waterfall.

Let me know if I can help you out in anyway! See you on the other side soon.

Candice

Hi Alan

Congratulations and welcome.

Good luck with the move over, hope to catch up in Perth

regards

Enrica

Hi Alan

Congratulations and welcome :ilikeit:

Cheers Urs

Hi bluegill

Welcome to the forum. Well done with the job offer. We're also from the Highway area - in Forest Hills.

Good luck with all your plans.

Hi all

I am also from the Upper Highway area, in Hillcrest!

RoMar: When you were referring to a great turnout, what are you referring to? Is it the coffee club?

I have received a job offer in Perth, we have had X-rays & the kids medicals were all clear & the documents arrived in Sydney today. We have applied on a 457 visa. Our application was lodged on 18 June 2008 & with the medicals completed, we are now waiting. Not too sure what happens next, but Elliots called today & they want to come & "size up" what we are taking with.

Great forum.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

We are also heading to Perth, we received visas back with our 457's in yesterday, will be flying later in the year.

Candice

Hi Alan,

We are also heading to Perth, we received visas back with our 457's in yesterday, will be flying later in the year.

Candice

Hi Candice

This is great news, congrats!!

How long did it take from submitting medicals until your received your Visa?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Candice

This is great news, congrats!!

How long did it take from submitting medicals until your received your Visa?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Its hard to say as we worked through an agent in Perth and gave her everything upfront except for IELTS results. Once the IELTS results were in it took 3 days ......

Hi Alan,

Its hard to say as we worked through an agent in Perth and gave her everything upfront except for IELTS results. Once the IELTS results were in it took 3 days ......

Thanks Candice.

We are also working through an agent & we sent all the passport copies, birth certificates etc during June and he lodged our Visa application on 18 June, while we waited for the medicals (backlog at Doctors). I guess about 4 weeks to wait. I did not have to do the IELTS luckily.

Cheers

Alan

Hi all

We got out 457 Visa approval this morning, Perth here we come!!

We lodged the application on 18 June; X-rays on 30 June; Medicals for kids on 3 July and 457 approved yesterday.

We still have to sell our house in Hillcrest!

Cheers

Alan :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alan

How is the house selling going? We are busy selling in our place in Waterfall.

market a little quiet for our liking - although we are having a few keen faces lately... they just need to commit to pen and paper!

take care,

red

Hi Red

The first offer fell through & we have had another offer subject to Bond approval. The market is flat dead!! If this deal does not go through I may have to try & rent it out. Lots of interest but no one seems to commit.

Good luck & I hope you sell very soon.

Cheers

Alan