Spring Braai in Geelong

Elana Coetzer

Spring is time to get out and enjoy the sun, flowers and of course; A BRAAI with friends - new and old.

Let's get together for a wonderful day, meeting new South Africans in this area and catching up with those you havn't seen whilst hibernating during the long and cold winter.

When: Saturday September 6

Where: Drewan Park, Wandana Heights Geelong

Time: All day from 11 am

Please bring something South African to share; koeksisters, Melktert or any of your favourite dishes.

We'll have a day with good food, good wine, good company, a day filled with laughter, jokes and stories to share.

Spread the word, invite your friends - we might not have all the email addresses on the list and we don't want anyone to miss out.

Also, please RSVP Shani (shanireader@ncable.net.au) before August 31 - we need to organise more BBQ's if needed.

There are a few but hopefully we'll need more!

Oh goodie! Closer to home!

We will be there!

Nats

• 1 month later...

Hi Elana,

Is this still on the cards...Spring is in the air!! My angels tell me it's going to be a sunny day too!

Howzit Nats123

Howz it Lost!

Oh how I long for a nice spring day! :ilikeit: and soem good company!

Nats

• 2 weeks later...

We would have liked to be there but we are in the eastern Melbourne area (Knox) and with a pregnant wife and a 2 year old its just a bit too far... :blink:

Any chance of anybody interested in having a spring braai on the eastern side?

Sounds like a nice idea. We are in Balwyn North. Though we don't have our braai as yet :blink: Still waiting for the container!

Sounds like a nice idea. We are in Balwyn North. Though we don't have our braai as yet :jester: Still waiting for the container!

Aggenee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We only got offer on house today, so I will not be able to make it. Still in SA. Will send smoke messages over the ocean via Pretoria!

Enjoy!

We will be going to Geelong, but would definitely be interested in joining a group in Melbourne at some stage. We live in a flat, so sorry - no braai here.

Hi everyone

I would also prefer a group in Melbourne (get-togethers accessible by public transport if possible!). I live in Armadale in a flat, but have no car as yet so a bit difficult to get around!

L

Sounds like a nice idea. We are in Balwyn North. Though we don't have our braai as yet :rolleyes: Still waiting for the container!

Howzit Polly

Our 457 has been lodged and my sponsor works in Exhibition Street in the CBD. We are looking at Balwyn High School and Balwyn North as a possible place to settle. Are you able to give advice as to your suburb and do you have school-going kids.

Regards, Mark

Mark, I pm'ed you. Let me know if you need any more info. If you need pick-up, etc. at the airport or if there is anything else we can do to help, let me know. By end September we should have three spare matresses and a couch :ilikeit:

Thanks polly - much appreciated. Will let you know once I have dates sorted out and I know excatly where I am going to be and when. Can't wait.

Regards, Mark

Thanks to Shani for arranging a great day in Geelong!

The weather was GREAT and the company even better.

Spring is definately here and we are loving it.

Thanks

Nats

• 3 months later...

Hi there any Christmas get together Braai's in the Geelong / Point Cook / Werribee area coming up.

Missed the last one that was when we were leaving SA.

Brilliant idea.

K