Wessel: Introduction

Wessel

Hi guys. My name is Wessel Victor and I live in Richards Bay KZN. We are considering a move to Aus in the very near future. My daughter is completeing Grade 11 this year and after reading some topics on schooling we feel it will be better for her to complete her Grade 12 before she moves. I will be applying for posts in Aus and if successfull I will come across asap. I would appreciate any info on Arts and Drama tersiary education that might be available.

Anyway that is my introduction as far as us is concerned.

ps. Any sailors on this forum?

Thank you and I am looking forward to hear from everybody soon.

Wessel

Hi Wessel,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find all the answers you are looking for. You should find many sailors around here, as most people (except me and a few others who live in the bush) live close to the ocean. B)

I have met a couple previously from Richards Bay, who are now living here in Aus. Nice people you Natallers :lol:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi, welcome. My daughter is in year 11 here in Aus and I agree that you should let yours finish year 12 first as I have heard it is not easy to go into year 12 here if you have not done year 11 here also. So alot of people put their kids in year 11 instead of year 12 and let them do the 2 years instead of struggling in year 12 and possibly failing.

We have not joined the sailing croud yet but have noticed that quite alot of houses in our neighbourhood have a boat in their driveway next to the cars.

Hi Wessel,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find all the answers you are looking for. You should find many sailors around here, as most people (except me and a few others who live in the bush) live close to the ocean. B)

I have met a couple previously from Richards Bay, who are now living here in Aus. Nice people you Natallers :lol:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Thanks for the welcome Dreamy..i know....about the Natallers....or Zululanders...lol

Hi Wessel,

Where in Aus are you heading? I can get you some info for arts & drama studies, but it would help to know where you'll be living..... I gather you've decided to have your daughter complete her Y12 in RSA?

My son was in Y12 when we relocated to Aus and he stayed behind to complete his Y12. His is now living & studying in Perth (we are in Sydney). There's a huge group of Young Saffers in Perth and they get together very regularly. My son had a bit of a struggle to settle in Aus - he felt he did not belong, could not make friends and retracted to his room with his DVD's & computer games. So we sent him off backpacking Australia. When he reached Perth, he told us he was going to stay for 3 months and ended up staying there permanently! If your daughter needs someone to chat to about emigrating to Aus - getting it form the horse's mouth, she can always contact my son (he's a good bloke - no funny stuff going on! :lol: ) - PM me and I'll give you his contact details if you want.

Good luck with everything that lies ahead. Shout if we can help! B)

O yeah, and also : would you be coming to Aus on PR or a 457? Some courses are not for all. If you are on a 457, you're seen as an international student and that makes a difference in what you're allowed to study.....

My daughter brought home a grant form to do an art course in Canberra but when I read the small print, it was only available to Australian Citizens and we have PR so she was very disappointed.

Hey Wessel

Welcome! I know you'll find loads of help here. I lived in Empangeni may years ago, my mom was a reporter for the Zululand Observer. When the harbour opened we all got the day off school! Guess the place has changed somewhat.

Where is Aus are you looking to settle? My brother is in Perth and he spends his free time on the water - sailing, canoeing and kite surfing. Some kids in his suburb go to school across the river and they canoe or row over every day! (Imagine leaving your rowboat on the side of the river overnight)

Good luck and I hope your dreams come true

Cindylou