Deon-Louise and kids: Anybody living in or going to Canberra

Deon-Louise and kids

Hi everybody

We have finally made a decision about where in Oz we want to go and have also after much consideration deceided to concentrate on PR visa instead of 457.

We would love to hear from anybody who has settled in Camberra or are planning on going.

We hear it's quite cold in the winter but coming from the Natal Midlands we are looking forward to that!!

I'm a Midwife and hubby is a artisan so hopefully we will both get good jobs there.

Anyway hope to hear from you.

From Louise and Deon

Hi everybody

We have finally made a decision about where in Oz we want to go and have also after much consideration deceided to concentrate on PR visa instead of 457.

We would love to hear from anybody who has settled in Camberra or are planning on going.

We hear it's quite cold in the winter but coming from the Natal Midlands we are looking forward to that!!

I'm a Midwife and hubby is a artisan so hopefully we will both get good jobs there.

Anyway hope to hear from you.

From Louise and Deon

Hi Deon and Louise

Wer'e on our way to Canberra, will probably buy our tickets during next week. We'll see you Down Under. Please stay in touch and keep us informed on your progress.

On the forum website, got to communities and then to Canberra ACT. There will all your answers be answered.

All the best and welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride.

Martin

I have been living in Canberra since 2002. It is cold at the moment, but other than that, it is a great city! If you can get a house with ducted gas heating, I would highly recommend it!

I'm happy to catch up for a coffee when you get here and give you some local tips.

Thinus (another member of this forum) is a great GP in Canberra.

P.S I had a baby in Canberra last year and the midwives were excellent :blink:

I have been living in Canberra since 2002. It is cold at the moment, but other than that, it is a great city! If you can get a house with ducted gas heating, I would highly recommend it!

I'm happy to catch up for a coffee when you get here and give you some local tips.

Thinus (another member of this forum) is a great GP in Canberra.

P.S I had a baby in Canberra last year and the midwives were excellent :)

Hallo Kurkprop

We'll let you know when we will arrive in Canberra.

Looking foward to meet you guys - hope you get together for a barbie every now and then.

Martin

Hi Deon & Louise :D,

We will also be moving to Canberra hopefully very soon :) .

All our paper work has been done :D, the sponsoring company lodged our visa application on wednesday :lol: ,hopefully we will get the TRN number from them shortly.

Husband got a job offer from BMW, the family is very excited, our son (17) thinks this is the best decision we have made all our lives :lol: , our daughter (16) can't decide whether she is happy or sad that changes every day :holy: .

Good luck and hopefully we'll all see each other very shortly for a lekker south african kuier :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: .

Rene

Hallo Kurkprop

We'll let you know when we will arrive in Canberra.

Looking foward to meet you guys - hope you get together for a barbie every now and then.

Martin

Martin, ons barbie staan vir julle en wag, ek sal die boerewors, pap en sheba solank warm hou (ja - mens kan al daai goeters hier kry)! :ilikeit:

Husband got a job offer from BMW, the family is very excited, our son (17) thinks this is the best decision we have made all our lives :ilikeit: , our daughter (16) can't decide whether she is happy or sad that changes every day :ilikeit: .

Hi Rene

All the best with your move, Canberra is a great city and I'm sure your whole family will settle in soon. I look forward to meeting you!

Hi Louise and Deon

We are also going to Canberra. Just hanging in for our 175's - wasnt brave enough to go on 457 !!! But we have seriously considered it as the PR's are taking forever.

Have you guys lodged yet?

Hi Kurkprop

We'll let you know when wer'e on our way. We've sent our visas to the high commision yesterday and spoke to IOM as well. IOM's soonest ticket is on 4 August which is far to long in the future. We'll decide during the coming week and let you know.

Ready2go, Johnny & Rene and Deon-Louise and kids. All of the best for your prosesses, looking foward to meet you and welcome you Down Under.

Martin, Vanessa, Corne & Charlize

• 6 months later...

Hallo to all in Canberra and those on their way to Canberra.

We are due to arrive in Canberra early March 2009 (airtickets booked for 15 March 2009). We are going over with PR visa's (started Oct 2006 with whole process and only received our visa's Oct 2008).

I am a Registered Nurse and got a job offer from Calvary Hospital (start with induction early April 2009). My husband is a qualified mechanic and will find himself work once we get there. We have two kids (4 & 7 years old).

Hope to meet all of you during 2009!!!

Sandra

Hi Chris and San,

You will love Canberra, it is a lovely place for kids.

As soon as you are here we (and all the Canberians) would love to meet you.

Good luck will all the final arrangements.

See ya soon.

Louise

Hello guys,

I dont think you will regret your move to Canberra. As Louise has said it is a wonderful place to raise children. The parks are amazing - all with barbis and picnic spots and all immaculately clean.

Last night we went to welcome in the new year in the city centre, it was awesome - we would have never done this in South Africa. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it - did not feel unsafe for a sec.

Give us a shout when you get here if you need help with anything.

Louise & Deon (from Howick)

Hope you received my reply on your PM. Please let me know if it did not go through. I am fairly new to the Forum and this was the first PM I received and my first attempt to answer it. It however seems as if I would get used to it as I am starting to get addicted to this wonderfull source of information.

Regards!

Sandra

Louise & Deon (from Howick)

Hope you received my reply on your PM. Please let me know if it did not go through. I am fairly new to the Forum and this was the first PM I received and my first attempt to answer it. It however seems as if I would get used to it as I am starting to get addicted to this wonderfull source of information.

Regards!

Sandra

Hi Sandra

Sorry I did get your PM just have not been able to get back to you yet. What with new year and a lot of family visits at the mo. I'll email you on your email address some time 2morrow. From Louise

PS I agree this forum is addictive!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Louise,

I received your e-mail and returned a very lenghty reply but unfortunately it does not seem to go through (keep on receiving "mailer deamons" telling me that your e-mail address does not exist). Please help with another e-mail address if available.

Tata!

Sandra

Hi Deon & Louise :D,

We will also be moving to Canberra hopefully very soon B) .

All our paper work has been done :D, the sponsoring company lodged our visa application on wednesday :lol: ,hopefully we will get the TRN number from them shortly.

Husband got a job offer from BMW, the family is very excited, our son (17) thinks this is the best decision we have made all our lives :lol: , our daughter (16) can't decide whether she is happy or sad that changes every day :holy: .

Good luck and hopefully we'll all see each other very shortly for a lekker south african kuier :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: .

Rene

Hi,

we are immigrating to the gold coast in 2009. i recognised your names (my parents own lowveld brake in nelspruit) - they told me alot about your family and your immigration! congrats. see you down under!

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Please give my regards to your parents, if they have an e-mail address please forward that to me. If you have an e-mail or skype address for Dylan that would also be nice.

Stay in touch and maybe one day we will see each other over here.

Rene

Hi everybody

To all of you going to Canberra. Have a look on Facebook for a group recently started called "Afrikaans in Canberra". Will find a few and myself there.

Martin