Dinah: New on the block

Dinah

Hi All

Brand new on the block or is’t blog? I started of reading this Forum after deciding migration agents is not the way after 1 consultation. I tried previously to introduce us but somewhere …. something went wrong :unsure: . So if there’s any other introductions to the Havenga’s on this forum. Hie…Hie… That’s us 2.

It’s me, my Hubby Jan and 2 girls Nadia and Shani. We decided to go with the 457 visa (Jan turns 45 in Feb 2009). Downloaded the 100 steps process from this forum, put it in an EXCEL format with all sorts of things dates and costs involved and…. Wallaaa… :unsure: Bob’s your uncle.

We applied for most of our documents except the medicals and police clearance. We send Jan’s CV to a recruitment agent for her professional perusal. And in no time she set up an interview with one of the engineering companies in Brisbane. It seems the engineering consultants are mostly based in Brisbane and Melbourne, so that’s where we’re heading. We thought to be pro-active and yesterday send his CV through to a lot of recruitment and engineering consultancies. Not sure if we’re “’n bit voor op die wa “ but know you guys will show us the errors of our ways if necessary :blush: .

Nadia (teenager) thinks this forum rocks, and we all just love reading Biltong Boer’s posts, always a laugh.

Praat weer later

Dinah

Hi All

Brand new on the block or is’t blog? I started of reading this Forum after deciding migration agents is not the way after 1 consultation. I tried previously to introduce us but somewhere …. something went wrong :blush: . So if there’s any other introductions to the Havenga’s on this forum. Hie…Hie… That’s us 2.

It’s me, my Hubby Jan and 2 girls Nadia and Shani. We decided to go with the 457 visa (Jan turns 45 in Feb 2009). Downloaded the 100 steps process from this forum, put it in an EXCEL format with all sorts of things dates and costs involved and…. Wallaaa… :thumbdown: Bob’s your uncle.

We applied for most of our documents except the medicals and police clearance. We send Jan’s CV to a recruitment agent for her professional perusal. And in no time she set up an interview with one of the engineering companies in Brisbane. It seems the engineering consultants are mostly based in Brisbane and Melbourne, so that’s where we’re heading. We thought to be pro-active and yesterday send his CV through to a lot of recruitment and engineering consultancies. Not sure if we’re “’n bit voor op die wa “ but know you guys will show us the errors of our ways if necessary :thumbdown: .

Nadia (teenager) thinks this forum rocks, and we all just love reading Biltong Boer’s posts, always a laugh.

Praat weer later

Dinah

WELCOME TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DINAH!!!!!!! :unsure:

I know you will enjoy this forum!! :blush:

Someone, somewhere always has an answer and great advice!!

So ask away and GOODLUCK!!!

Remember....."STAY POSITIVE AND UNITED IN YOUR DECISION"!!! :blush::blink::ilikeit:

vanishree

Hi Dinah - welcome!

I'm sure you'll find loads of info here.

Remember - your age is calculated as of your date of application - so you could still apply now while hubby is 44 -even if visa is only granted after he turns the golden age.

You can get your 457 in the meantime and tick along on that until your 175 is issued...

Just a thought...

but welcome - be warned that its addictive... :thumbdown:

Edited by Kerry-Lea

Tx all

Leigh it feels if I know you already. Did about 2 weeks of non-stop reading before I register. And then there I did what I promised myself not to do and typed just one little response, and here I go.

Ag I’m so ashamed. Back to the AA meetings and big brother support.

Can't help myself but I LOVE IT :thumbdown:

Dinah - we'll have you addicted in no time! I'm telling you - this form is trouble! :thumbdown:

Pity you're not in CT - you could've joined us at our ladies cheese and wine next weekend!

Leigh

Did you mentioned the W word red or white? You see already have a lot of addictions can't fit in anymore.......... What time and where????????

Next Saturday, 28 June

13h00 at Kerry-Lea's house in Kommetjie

Be there, or be sober!

Leigh

Welcome!

You will get lots of advise and have lots of fun finding it!

Welkom Dinah

Al jou vra sal beantwoord word hier op die forum-vra gerus!!

Voorspoed vir jou man se aansoeke

Marlese