Fourteen weeks in Perth....

marsbar

HI,

Another south african family in Perth.!!!! We arrived in May and we have eventually settled down. I cannot believe where time has gone to. It feels as if it was just yesterday that i was on this forum asking questions and reading all the information on immigration. We are finally here!!!!! We are currently renting in the Northern Suburbs as we have not yet decided in which suburb we would like to settle down.

We are very happy here and my only wish would be that the rest of my family and friends could be here with us as i constantly worry about them living in S.A. Both our little boys (2 & 5) have settled down and the eldest seemed a lot happier once all his toys and familiar things were being unpacked. As for the little one he has no clue as to what is going on - little does he know that we have just moved to a new CONTINENT!!!!

Look fwd to helping anyone with any questions....

Mariette

Hi Mariette

Nice to see you on the forum. I'm on here while my hubby watches the English footie on TV. Pity the picnic in Mawson Park was rained out yesterday. I'll ring you in the week, and maybe pop in for a coffee.

Ruth

Hello....

Yes a pity as i was looking forward to going as a guest. Now i will invite myself and family. - Thanks. Hubby has gone to Sydney tonight and i am catching up on all the forum tit bits. Will PM u my contact nos.

HI Marsbar

Great to hear you and yours are happy! Hope to meet up with your in about a year's time. With regards to your friends and family, once you're settled invite them over to visit, show them you day to day existance and within a week they'll be asking you for advice on immigrating!

Enjoy

Cindylou

HI Marsbar

Great to hear you and yours are happy! Hope to meet up with you in about a year's time. With regards to your friends and family, once you're settled invite them over to visit, show them your day to day existance and within a week they'll be asking you for advice on immigrating!

Enjoy

Cindylou

Thanks Cindylou.

Before u realise it, u will also be here on this side of the ocean.

As for the family u are right - i am hoping that when they come out they will be able to see why we made the decision to immigrate and why we say we do not think we will return to a country where lives are no longer valued!!

We are very happy here and my only wish would be that the rest of my family and friends could be here with us as i constantly worry about them living in S.A. Mariette

I feel the same way too, Mariette. I worry about their safety and miss my mama the most - she's 77 and even though she's very healthy and active, I wish she near me so that I could see more of her. And I worry about my sister and brother and their children and their families. But we knew all that when we made the decision to leave. Its the choice we made. (Just munch Jelly tots when it all gets too much :) ) :)

(Just munch Jelly tots when it all gets too much :holy: ) :)

No wonder the jelly tots are all finished!!!!!

Yip, much to my chagrin, I am back on the wagon :ilikeit: - no jellytots, no unhealthy inbibing of anything - be it liquid or not - oh, and did I mention, no jellytots?? :) What some of us wouldn't do in the pursuit of beauty... :holy: