Hello / G'day

Riaan

Howzit all,

My name is Riaan.

We (my wife Nicky, the two bambinos and I) will be arriving in Australia (wherever I can get a job) on a PR visa middle 2007.

This site is great ! :ilikeit: (can't stop reading) I have already met Riekie and Pippa through these forums.

Thanks for the welcome notes. I hope to also be an asset to these forums once I have learned from those of you who have gone before us.

Once again .. thanks for this cool site. I.M.H.O you take away a lot of the scary stuff about emmigration.

I still have a lot to learn from you guys.

Cheers

Thanks for your introduction Riaan! Fire away - we're all here to help! :ilikeit:

Hi,

Welcome here! In what line of work are you? Then some of our experts could maybe direct you to places to look for work.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Riaan,

Good to have you around - let us know if you have any specific questions that we can help with, OK?

Cheers

Ajay

Thanks Dreamy,

My line of work is in the I.T sector.

I have heard rumours that the market in the I.T sector is quite full at the moment.

If possible I'd like to secure a job before I go over, but I guess it will be easier to find a job only once you are in Australia already?

Cheers

Riaan

HI Riaan,

It depends on what part of the IT sector you're in. I work for a software development company, and we are really struggling to find people - there is a severe shortage of skilled developers out there (in the Java / .NET / SOA spaces). If you are in any of these fields, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Cheers

Ajay

Thanks Dreamy,

My line of work is in the I.T sector.

I have heard rumours that the market in the I.T sector is quite full at the moment.

If possible I'd like to secure a job before I go over, but I guess it will be easier to find a job only once you are in Australia already?

Cheers

Riaan

Riaan,

If you are already applying, or already have your PR, I don't think you will have a problem in securing employment. Some areas, like Sydney for instance, has a different skills shortage than other areas of the country. Shop around in all areas, as there are different opportunities in the different areas.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher