Hello, My name is Raoul

snugglefuss

Hello everyone. My name is Raoul and I am an alcoholic. Ooops I meant I am a South African that still has not emigrated. The question probably was asked many times what it takes to leave SA. My answer to that question is just to take yourself. I say that because I am single, else I would say take your family.

I still not have fully decided to emigrate yet, but I will be scoping out Perth towards the end of September, and I hope when I come back in SA I am fully converted.

I have nothing more to say right now, but my information quest on Australia is in full swing.

See you around.

Hello Raoul,

Welcome to the forum! I have some good news for you. Last night on "a current affair" they showed that there are 100 women for every 98 men in Australia so your chances are looking up!

Hope you will find this forum informative. :boxing: Au revoir

Hi Raoul,

Hope you have a wonderful journey to Perth, it is a fantastic city, and if any place can convert you to become an expat, then Perth is the place to do it. You will love it :boxing: . And bring us a bottle or two of good SA wine while you're at it! :boxing:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Julle mense moet net weet ek is nie regtig Frans nie, alhoewel bietjie van die Franse kultuur darem in my is :boxing:

Maar na ernstiger dinge, die rooi wyn van Margaret River se kant af is seker nie te versmaai nie. Ek sal wel kyk of ek darem so 'n paar bottel rooi wyn kan saambring as ek Perth toe vlieg later.

*Disclaimer* Ek probeer nie elitist wees of iets nie, die enigste rede hoekom ek gewoonlik in Engels korrespondeer is omdat ek gewoond daaraan is, en ook sodat meer mense my kan verstaan. Die ander oordonderde rede is ook omdat my Afrikaans geweldig verswak het die afgelope paar jaar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to English. I have heard a lot of good things about Perth as well as Australia in general. The things I look toward is abuse the public transport system and especially the train services. I feel I have it easier than some people as I have nothing substantial keeping me in SA and the most difficult part for me would to get a residency visa of some kind. Thanks for all the cheerful comments and I would love to bring in biltong but I know that can't be done.

I probably will ask some questions on nice vacation spots later when I am closer to my departure date...

Hi, welcome. I have heard Perth is great for families but some single young people complain that it is very quiet on the night life side of things and that's why they prefer the likes of Sydney. I hope you fall in love with Australia like we have, no matter where you end up living.

Hi, welcome. I have heard Perth is great for families but some single young people complain that it is very quiet on the night life side of things and that's why they prefer the likes of Sydney. I hope you fall in love with Australia like we have, no matter where you end up living.

Thanks for the info Olly. The truth is that I feel that I am getting to old to really appreciate the night life. I presume you mean clubbing, bar-hopping, and so forth. If that is the case indeed then I would be extremely happy as I am really sick of that kind of activities. Don't be misled about the fact that I am single as I am not quite the young pup anymore - growing towards 32 years. And I really, really dislike Johannesburg despite living here for the last 3 years. Such is life *sigh*

I really can settle for some peace and quite. Tranquility, peace and placid lakes and the joyful sound of bird tweetering will bring me happiness I hope! :boxing: