Templestowe

trisha

Does anyone have info/feedback onTemplestowe. This is a newly considered area for me and I was interested in schools, general feel of suburb, distance to CBD. Greatly appreciated.

Hi Trisha

Templestowe is a lovely area and I do believe that there are quite a number of South Africans living there, as well as in Doncaster, which is next door. The schools in the area are known to be pretty good.

Mara

Dear Trisha,

I have not been to Australia as yet, but Mara showed my parents around in July when they visited Melbourne. They love Templestowe and Doncaster as Mara mentioned above.

We hope to settle in Melbourne / Adelaide before the end of 2007.

Regards,

Pippa

:holy:

• 7 months later...

Hi Trisha

My sister is in Templestowe, and I'm in Doncaster East, which borders on Templestowe. Templestowe is a FAB area. Lots of lovely parks and tall trees. Great if you want a quiet area that is good for families. Good schools in the area. Nice mix of people - not too much of any one cultural group. Have a look at this website, for the Manningham Council, which looks after Templestowe, Doncaster East, Doncaster etc....all great areas: www.manningham.vic.gov.au

There is also a South African shop in the area - very important to be able to find the koeksisters!!!

Good luck

Gill

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Doncaster and Templestowe is on our shortlist. We are very interested in schools in the area. if someone can give us pointers on the schools we will be eternally greatfull.

Please PM me or add it to this thread.

My wife researched the "Where to live in Melbourne" book and colour coded all of the areas according to crime and economic "wellbeing", we are now considering Templestowe as well, BUT her liking is in an area called Elthem, very low crime and affordable housing. MARA and others - any views on this area? When I do the LSD in March / April 2008 I will probably visit Templestowe, Doncaster and Elthem.

Deon

Hi Deon

Eltham (not Elthem) is a very nice area, further north and further out of the city from Templestowe and Doncaster. It also has a rail link to the city, which makes it attractive, if that is where you need to work.

Hi Deon, Eltham is lovely. It is country like, lots of trees, not too far from the city (compared to some eastern/southeastern/southern suburbs) and there are lots of arty individuals living there. Reminds me of Irene sometimes.

Doncaster / Templestowe are also great but expensive. I've heard there are heaps of Afrikaans heard on the streets because it is probably the most favored area by South Africans. It looks very Waterkloof: hilly, green and $$$. But please don't let this image drive all heading towards Melbourne to go live there. Please! :rolleyes: Melbourne is huge. Bigger than any South African city and it has such a vast array of different lifestyles to offer in different areas. You can pick and choose all you want. It is like a huge bowl of fruit: colorful and difficult to choose only one. :censored: