Family Entertainment

Nicci

Hi All

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of a good old fashioned "spur type" resturant here in Perth

We used to love to go out with the kids in SA, and take them to play and have a nice meal

"Not like McDonalds" Just a good family steak house.

Any suggestions?

:blink::D

Thanks

Nicci

Hi Nicci,

the only thing closest to family dining like Spur would be Sizzlers. And all I can say about Sizzlers is avoid it like the plague. We were VERY disapoined when we ate there. The steaks tasted terrible and my calamari was grey and very oily.

There is a chain of restuarants called Hogs Breath which I have heard mixed review about.

I am seriously wondering when some enterprising Peth saffer is going to bring Spur here. I would definately be supporting them :D

I am really suprised at the choice of family eateries in Perth. Considering Perth is very family/child orientated I would have thought there would be more restuarants with play areas al la spur, but sadly there are none that I know of.

Your best bet is buy a good piece of meat from the butcher and throw it on the BBQ at one of the beautiful parks like Kings Park in and around Perth.

candice

Try Sizzlers........................its like a Mikes Kitchen with a salad and soup and dessert bar eat as much as you like. You order your main meal or just have the

"salad bar" meal. Soft drinks for the kids are unlimited.

You cant book, just arrive and join the que.

Sorry Sizzlers in based in beldon , on Ocean reef road.

I think there is also one at the Innaloo Megaplex in Innaloo.

Hans - for Asian food , is also very reasonable. These you will find at any cinema complex

ie Joondalup/Whitfords and Innaloo megaplex and Warwick

Edited by enrica

Hi All

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of a good old fashioned "spur type" resturant here in Perth

We used to love to go out with the kids in SA, and take them to play and have a nice meal

Any suggestions?

:stretcher: :stretcher:

Thanks

Nicci

The closest I know of would be Sizzlers. Although I have to say if you want something exactly like Spur you probably won’t find it in Australia. I have heard stories of Saffers opening Spur franchises in places like Auckland and Sydney and then it fails because Ausies (and Kiwi’s) don’t like it. Although I prefer Spur, Sizzlers wasn’t too bad in my opinion.

I know there is a Zebra's restaurant in Melville, Perth. It's near Palmyra....then you get Melville and it's just off the main road towards Fremantle.

Not bad with outside BBQ and inside tables. Food's also ok-ish. Not your Spur Surf 'n turf, Ladies rump or Lazy aged steak with cheese or pepper sauce. But OK.

Sizzlers you get everything crumbed and oily, even the floor..........

Regards,

Guest Mauritz
Hi All

Any suggestions?

:huh::blush:

Thanks

Nicci

We've been in Aus for a loooong time - very disappointed with the family type restaurants - the Aussies have a different idea regarding interior decorating and food. Very disappointed with Sizzler and various Chinese 'restaurants.' The newer 'Mexican' or 'Thai' style restaurants are much better.

I created our own rural 'family entertainment' - I hunt rabbit - we cook them as close as we can to 'Kentucky Fried Chicken' or we make a nice 'potjie.'

Good 'family entertainment' in town is to take the kids for a 'snot block' - if you don't know what it is, just ask your local bakery. It's a famous custard type of 'cake' - named 'snot block' by the Aussies. Must say the cake shops are nice and the portions huge.

Hi there

Thanks for all the replies,

I do tend to agree with CandiceM though, we went to Sizzlers, and we were really not impressed with their food.

Funny enough on Saturday evening we went to HogsBreath, and it was not too bad,

I really miss the Spur, and play areas, for the kids and they do too.

Maybe someone here who has business intentions, should try something with kiddy entertainment (ozzie style)

I tell you they will make a fortune!!!

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried a Tabaret? I know they're gambling places but most of them have a restaurant with a kiddies play area & that seems to be where Aussie families go when they want the kids to be entertained.

It's the typical 'serve yourself' scenario & in absolutely no way (not even a tiny bit) can be compared to Spur but it's an option if you want a dinner & a few drinks while the kids play.

Hi Nicci

I see you've tried Hog’s Breath. The one in Mindarie is not bad at all, bit expensive with it’s steaks, burgers is quite good. If you buy a meal over $24, the kids eat for free.

Was a bit disappointed with the Keg at Joondalup. The Durban Currie was ok, but the ribs!!! Aaaarrrggg. Any body knows about a place than can make good ribs? I have not tried Hippo Creek yet, but I believe it is quite good as well.

Happy hunting, keep us posted