2ND JUNE KINGS PARK BBQ/PICNIC

Enrica

A reminder to all of you about the Picnic/BBQ

VENUE : SYNERGY PARKLAND ( This used to be the Western Power Parkland/Playground

Located in May Drive

KINGS PARK

PERTH

I though if we could get a spot near the Vietnam Memorial . Just look for the table with the Australian and South African Flag !!!!

TIME: FROM 11H00 ONWARDS

DATE: 2 JUNE 2008

Bring your own food/drinks - there are BBQ's available .

BRING A SMILE!!!!!

Perhaps someone would like to bring a cricket Set in case the tweens and Teens want to play cricket.

I'll bring a rugby Ball and Soccer Ball. There is a play ground for the toddler and kids

Details of the parkland http://www.synergy.net.au/About_Us/Synergy...y_Parkland.html

Map of the Parland Location http://www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/o/content/view/285//

If you can PM or Email me the numbers so that I can ensure that there are enough name tags.

Also I though that whilst we together we can then gauge interest on organising regular get togethers especial around Christmas Time/New Year etc so that no families are left on there own over these times

If anyone is stuck for transport please PM and we will try an organise a lift.

Thanks for the responses , hope to see and meet you all there .

Regards

Enrica

Firstly I want to say to Enrica.........

THANK YOU FOR ORGANIZING THIS FUNCTION - ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE IS APPRECIATED

I hope that we will all get together on Monday and show the support and warmth us South Africans are.

I know it has been hard for my family to settle down and I know they are still struggling and it is this reason that I personally think that this get together is wonderful because we can all share and advice our new feelings of been in a new country.

Hope to see a little SA on the grounds of Kings Park on Monday.

Cheerio

Kathy

Hey guys,

We would like to come too please. See you then.

Jordy and family

Please remember to send Enrica names of your family members.

Just confirm with her as well so that she can keep a total number of people coming.

Thanks Jordy

Hi all

This is great idea getting together. I just want to say, the more you go to the get together the more chance you have on making perth feel like home.

Make the effort on welcoming people to your home. Try and try and try, put youself out there, you have nothing to loose.

See you all on Monday.

Melody :

Wish I could be there!! *sigh*

Hope you all have the most fantastic day!!

Thanks all for the overwhelming replies guys !!!!!

I currently have about 60 confirmed adults and 46 children that have RSVP'd , so this is fantastic.

It will be a great turn out if everybody arrives.

Weather forcast is for a fine day, so lets hope that the rain stays away for Monday.

See ya all on Monday

Regards

Enrica

Thanks Enrica for organising a lovely day at Kings Park and especially for ordering the most glorious weather. Thank You.

Noele

Guest Lara

Wasn't the weather just gorgeous today!!

Thank you so much Enrica for organising today. We had a fantastic time and it was great meeting some new people.

Thanks Enrica for organising a lovely day at Kings Park and especially for ordering the most glorious weather. Thank You.

Noele

Ditto. Great day, weather and people!

Hey all you great people, what a great day at Kings Park. Thanks Enrica well done.

From Melody and Thomas

Thanks to all of you that came to the Picnic and for making it a great success.It was great to see so many people.

I am sorry if I did not get to meet you all personally, it was great to meet the faces behind the names on the forum.

There were a total of 125 between adults and children.

The weather was really kind to us and hopefully we can do it all again soon.

I hope that you have made some friendships and the idea behind the picnic was that we are all in the same boat and have immgration in common.

Hopefully , those of you that are having a difficult time, will have drawn some strength from meet some of your fellow ex saffers.

I would like to thank some of the sponsors that I managed to get at the last minute for the "bubbly" for the adults and softdrinks for the kids. Thank you.

Somewhere down the line, if there is enough interest I will try to organise another picnic and also it seems there was some interest in organising a Christmas function for Christmas day. So I will keep you all posted.

:ilikeit:

For those that are still in the process of migrating, you are fortunate to have a fantastic tool such as the forum, with some much free information

and advice. I hope that the forum remain informative and not become a vehicle for personal gain .

Many thanks

Enrica

Enrica, we really enjoyed the picnic - gorgeous weather, lovely people, thanks SO much! :ilikeit: May there be many more...

Hi,

I have not been on the forum lately because "Father Christmas" delivered our container and I have been hiding under all the boxes and going down memory lane, (a tearful one at that) looking at the photo albums, still finding the pug's hair on some of our trousers and blankets and trying to get all this in that I cannot believe that we are now in Australia and with our things from home all around us.

So as far as the previous Monday braai was, a big THANK YOU to Enrica for a lovely day that she organized.

There were so many lovely people there and I personally did not get to meet to many people myself, but YES please let's organize another outing to get to meet more of the ex SA people.

Thanks once again Enrica, and not forgetting Johan who also put a lot of time in for the Braai.

Cheers

Kathy, Graham, Gareth and Siobhan