Hello SA Australia

jollyjumper

My wife and me just joined the forum. I am based in Angola and she is in South Africa. I have been in Angola for 1 year now due to work restrictions in SA and she is a part time house wife and runs her own small business. We have been living apart since 1998 and believe me its not easy keeping a family together and watching your son grow up when you are 1000s of miles away. I have worked in Africa from Angola to Zambia, in the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Portugal

We decided to leave SA after she came to visit me in Angola last year. I am glad as we will finally be a family as a family should be - together.

I have been involved in GSM telecoms for many years now and hopefully will be able to secure employment in Australia within my field.

To tell the truth we are all extreemly excited at the prospect of moving to Australia. Hopefully Brisbane but for a start anywhere in Australia would be great.

We are hopeing to emmigrate on our EU passports as we have been told that it will really simplify the whole process. Any advice on this??

Anyway, thanks to all on the SA Australia forums as it is really a great help and very positive.

Pat on the back :ilikeit: for the founders and moderators and all helpful members

Hi JJ,

It sounds like you guys deserve a break - can't imagine having to live apart from my family for so long!

Your emigration process is dictated by the type of visa that you apply for - not your passport - so I'm not sure who told you that using an EU passport would be simpler, but I think that they are mistaken. For more information on the various visa types, I recommend you go to www.immi.gov.au and check out all the different means of entering Australia.

Good luck with it all!

Cheers

AJay

Hi Adrian & Didi

Good luck with your journey - its exciting and depressing and exhilarating and boring and full of tears and laughter! Go to the immi site Ajay told you about, check out the options and then come back here with all the questions that you're sure to have. You'll find we're a mixed bunch of experience and so can offer all sorts of advice. And then, one day, when you're in Aus, you'll get the chance to help others just starting out on their journey.

Cindylou

Hi Adrian and Didi,

Good on you for making this decision - I hope it turns out well for you guys - sounds like you guys deserve a break to become a "living together" family. Must stay Australia is great in that way, I find it very much orientated towards families and kids. You'll enjoy it. If you have any specific questions about Brisbane please ask - this is where I live and work. Any reason in particular you thought about Brisbane??

Brissie BUG

Hi Adrian and Didi,

If it is family life you are looking for, you will find it in Australia. I find the whole country to be extremely family orientated. There are so many things to do together, and so many services designed to support families in a miriad of different ways. Mostly, I think it is also the extremely relaxed lifestyle, that just makes people feel more at ease.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get your immigration process sorted out speedily.

Greetings,

Dreamy