Just found forum

steyn

We arrived 8 years ago, I am a Instument /Electrical tech my wife is a Regesterd nurse, we have 2 boys little aussies 2 and 5 years. We started our life in Oz in a place called Karratha, its not the end of the world but you can see it from there.

The first 2 years were the hardest, I was still trying to fight the Aussie way but when I one day noticed that I was not saying back home in SA any more but back in SA, I realised that I had fallen in love with this place and its people and was seeing myself as one of them and it felt good.

Writing this I can honestly say I love this place I now call home. But at the same time I am proud of my roots.

As you know when the Rugby is on you will always be a South African.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Welcome! It's great to have another member that has lived in AUstralia for many years - most of us are still relatively new (there are some exceptions, of course) to the country and scratch away trying to find information!

Hope to see you around :ilikeit:

Cheers

Ajay

Hi there

Welcome to the forum. I must say that although I have only been here for 10 months I really feel like this is my home now. I too am proud of my roots and still think South Africa is a beautiful country with so much promise.

I love Australia and feel so fortunate that the Australians have given us the opportunity to share their country and their heritage, so now I must enjoy it, embrace it and live the australian way.

I hope that you will be a regular on the forum and share your experiences and the learnings of your journey.

Best wishes

sa2auz

Hi guys! We've only been in Perth for 5 months - and it felt like home from the beginning! :whome: We live in the Northern subs, but hubby works away a lot - also in Karratha!! He says its as hot as hell right now - so whats it like in the summer?? :ilikeit:

Welcome Carl, nice to hear from you guys, I hope you can assist with all the questions info etc required by the newby's and the one's still over there! This is a great site!

C'BUG

Welcome to the forum! :thumbdown:

We hope to gain a lot of insider info from you guys! :D

See you around.

Greetings,

Dreamy