Bolton, Perth

DesertDaisy

I heard this morning that the HQ of my dh's prospective employer is in the North East of Perth CBD in an area called Bolton (I think). We don't know if he will be based at the HQ, but its the first reference point we have. If he was to be based there, which residential suburbs with good primary schools would be an easy commute on public transport (we plan to only have 1 car)?

LOL! I may have got my wires crossed. I know its definitely Perth.... but perhaps I heard the name incorrectly. I will check. I feel rather silly now....

Okay, I've checked. Slipped of the tongue/typing fingers! Its BELMONT, PERTH not Bolton!

Hi DD

I know where Belmont is and I know there is a primary school in the "main" road that passes through Belmont, BUT I have no idea how good or bad it is and don't know that much about areas around it.

One thing that I do know is...you won't be that far from me....about 10-15 minutes drive.

Good luck hope you find some info

Lindy-Lee

:D

Hi there,

My father in law works in Belmont. Lindy - lee I don't remember what car you drive but we live just around the corner from you, and it takes us about 25/ 30 mins to get to Belmont from here!!! You must have been speeding :whome: Belmont is "on the rise" but an average place to live. I have been to the Belmont shopping centre and it is pretty nice - I think you can tell I lot from the local shopping centres. The main road running through it is the Great Eastern Highway but that is a pretty industrial zone. Hope I haven't confused you :D

Hi Maggie

We drive a HOLDEN :D:D

I'm sorry if my time is out but I ask hubby and that's what he said. :D we always drive through Guildford when we go that way, son't know if you take another route and if that makes the difference.

But it's still not that far from us :whome:

Lindy-Lee

;)

Doesn't it depend on the time of day one travels to work. It is a lot quicker at lets say 6am. But if you leave at 07h30 I'm sure with rush hour it will take a lot longer. Also the with more people moving to Perth the roads are getting more congested.

DesertDaisy - you will have to take into consideration traffic volumes depending on the time of the day you hubby will be travelling to and from work.

Take a look at www.transperth.wa.gov.au and look at where the train lines are. Then look at where your hubby will work. Then think about possible suburbs. A good place to get surburb info is: www.aussiemove.com

We decided that we wanted to live in the northern suburbs and close enough to one of the train station so that my hubby could walk to it. He travels by train every day to work. He doesn't want to drive in rush hour traffic and we only have one car anyway.

Hi Maggie

We drive a HOLDEN :D:D

I'm sorry if my time is out but I ask hubby and that's what he said. :D we always drive through Guildford when we go that way, son't know if you take another route and if that makes the difference.

But it's still not that far from us :whome:

Lindy-Lee

;)

According to the map, there is no train line running through or near Belmont. It is near the Great Eastern Highway so there are bound to be busses into Perth. I don't know the area, so cant tell you anything about schools, sorry. Perth International airport is to the right of it and it looks like there is an industrial area below it.