Hi to all

Fifi

Hi everyone,

We arrived in Melbourne March 2006, and from being the strongest, most organised, positive, determand person to now wondering "WHAT THE (*#$$$$$$%) DID WE DO!!, I've joined the SA to Oz and read a lot of the different feelings everyone had posted, it's very helpful and i wished i had joined before leaving SA, but we here and have to make the best of the whole story. I would like to say thanks to Riekie & Mara for the info i've received, it's a great help to just see things and be able to share.

Hanging in there

Freda

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey Fifi,

Welcome to our forum. Welcome to Australia. I'm so sorry to hear about your feelings and hope we will be able to help you through things on the forum. Are there specific things going on that are making you feel like this ? Is it general everyday living, the ppl around you or the strangeness of the cultural differences maybe ? Please let me know if I can help and feel free to PM me, as I have also had the "what was I thinking" feeling before.

Love

SS

:ilikeit:

Hi Freda,

Glad to 'meet' you, and not so glad to hear you are not feeling so positive at the moment. Please feel free to cry on our shoulders at any time. Most of us have been there. It is hard to adapt to all the new things in this new country, and you are not alone in this 'down under' feeling! There is also nothing wrong with feeling this way, so don't beat yourself up about it.

Feel free to PM with all your concerns, I am very willing to listen, and offer a shoulder or anything else you need.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Fifi,

Welcome to the land of Oz :ilikeit: Sorry to learn that you are having doubts about your decision to move here, but I'm sure you must have reason to feel hat way, so it is not something to just brush away (I've tried that, and it seems to come back in double-dose if you don't deal with your feelings). Please share your thoughts with your fellow forumuites - we've all been there and we know...... Us girls stick together!!...

PM me if you need to - or Email me riekie(at)saaustralia.org - anytime! Or if you want an online chat, my msn address is riekiedp(at)hotmail.com (I'm glued to my PC most of the time....!! :ilikeit: ) Don't keep it to yourself - that's what we're here for! :ilikeit: If you need a chat "closer to home", you can PM Sam & Van (LOVELY LADIES) - both are in Melbourne!

My advise at this stage : get through it one day at a time and don't try and do it alone - take the hand that reaches out to you, it does not make you a weak person! Thinking of you... :unsure:

Hey Fifi,

Welcome - both to Australia and to the forum.

I'd be more worried about you if you didn't have that "what the *%*#^&*^# was I thinking feeling"! It's perfectly normal, so don't worry about it. It'll pass as things become more familiar. In the meantime, do as everyone here has already said - hang around the forum, ask questions, PM people - they are all great coping mechanisms in the early days.

See you around!

Ajay

A big thanks to all the reply's :ilikeit: , you really made me feel better about being in Oz

:ilikeit: , It's really refreshing to read and realise "MAN THANK GOODNESS I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS" :ilikeit:

will be intouch.

Regards & Love

Fifi

Hi Freda

I am so glad to see that you are here! I have not posted a message as I have been missing in action for a couple of days. I am in Auckland to visit with my son. I did leave my telephone number for you in a PM, so please phone me, but now it will have to be after Monday, as I only get home on Monday evening.

We would love to meet you and your family and we would love to have you over, all you have to do is contact us.

Mara