Sydney Braai Arrangements

Riekie

Hi there everyone! The Sydney Braai will be on Sunday 27 August @11am onwards at Fagan Park in Galston (UBD Map Ref Page 112 B4). We will be at the Northern side of the park - Entrance in Carrs Rd. (I will have an RSA flag so you can easily find us! :D ) Entrance to the park is $4 per car. (See a map of Fagan Park further down the page). ALL & ANY Ex South Africans are most welcome, so spread the word & bring your friends!!

It is a B.Y.O (Bring your own):

Meat for BBQ, spices, utensils

Drinks, glasses, ice, bottle opener

Salad, rolls or whatever

Crockery & Cutlery

Chairs, Table - if you have one/need one

We will take our Gazebo - if you need shade, bring your gazebo/umbrella

Bicycles/Scooters/Bats & Balls etc.

Each family please bring a packet of chips/biscuits/lollies to share

$1 coin for the Gas BBQ

$4 for Entrance Fee

This is a map of the park - on the map Wood BBQ's are indicated, but they have since been replaced with Gas BBQ's @ $1 to use. FaganParkMap.pdf

If you need directions (or got lost) - please phone me: 0413 831 291

A Few Pics of Fagan Park:

If you need more info - please phone or PM me - or Email me @ riekie@saaustralia.org

Hope to see everyone there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember to use the CARRS RD ENTRANCE! (There's another entrance to the South end of the park - don't use this one, it's FAR from where we're going to be).

We will have arrows & balloons put up from the parking area - follow them to find us! Also remember $4 in coins for gate entry - it is a coin operated boom.

We wanted to rent a big shelter for the day, but they were all booked (we hope to "hijack" 3 smaller ones which are grouped together) - please b.y.o. shade & sit equipment along if you have any - just in case...!

Can't wait to meet you all on Sunday! :angry:

aaawh - dit is jammer.... :(

Ons gaan ook definitief daar wees, julle sal my nie mis nie ek sal die een wees wat met die groot preggie magie aangestap kom! :(

Guest Sunshine Sister
Ons gaan ook definitief daar wees, julle sal my nie mis nie ek sal die een wees wat met die groot preggie magie aangestap kom! :ilikeit:

Hi zana,

YES !! Ek's so bly jy gaan daar wees, dan kan ek jou nou uiteindelik ontmoet !! YAY en ophou teem in jou ore in al my behind-the-scenes PM's!! :):D (Jy sal bly wees om dit te hoor !! :holy: ). Hehehe.

Ag Helga, ek wens julle kon ook kom... :(

Ek wonder hoeveel mense gaan kom en hoeveel kinders daar gaan wees. sa2auz, will you be there on Sunday ? Kids coming with ?? Hope to see you there !! SAssy, hope to see you too and also hope to meet sonnetjie and Massyn ! What about Pronutro Tom ? You also going Tom ?

Love

SS

:angry:

Hi SS, nee wat praat jy girl ek is altyd bly om n PM van jou te kry ;) Jy is nou regtig n lekker ou opkikkertjie :ilikeit: O...ja Anthea het gevra ek moet vir jou hallo se, hulle het steeds nie n lyn nie...Telstra

is vol stories :P

Kan ook nie wag om almal te ontmoet nie, although ek moet jou waarsku ek is bietjie skamerig B):whome:

Edited by zana

Guest Sunshine Sister
Kan ook nie wag om almal te ontmoet nie, although ek moet jou waarsku ek is bietjie skamerig :P:ilikeit:

EK OOK !! B):lol: Ma' ek's bevrees daar gaan nie tyd wees Sondag nie, daar's te veel om te praat en nie genoeg ure nie. :whome: So ons sal maar net ons skamerighede by die huis moet los, en spaar vir 'n ander dag.. :D

Ag thanks, stuur asb baie liefde en groete vir Anthea. Ek het baie simpatie met haar Telstra-struggles, ons sukkel ook met hulle !! Sien jou Sondag ! Jy sal my moeilik raaksien, ek's die stil enetjie met camo klere aan om by die omgewing in te pas, :ph34r: sodat mense my nie moet raaksien nie.. :P:D:lol: Vra ma' vir Ajay, hehehehehe, ek het my hele plan al met haar bespreek.

Pippa, ja man, miskien volgende keer ! Daar is wel direkte vlugte van Jan Smuts/Joburg International/Dali_Thambo/Tito Mboweni/Patricia de Lille/Mandela.../Robert Mugabe lughawe (moenie laat die immer-veranderende- naam jou confuse nie, dis dieselle lughawe op dieselle plek, dis net fancy nuwe name omdat SA so 'n ontesettende ryk land is en niks anders het om die geld op te mors nie.. ;) na Syds, so hop aanboord en kom braai lekker saam !! *Ek dink dis die langste sin in die geskiedenis van die moedertaal - :o Mev Cronje van my Std 8 jaar, draai in haar graf !! :lol: *

Liefde en groete en sien julle Sondag !

Spring's-in-the-air Sister

:)

Hey there Sis

Sorry but someone picked the only day that I can't be there, would love to have been there and some new arrivals I would love to have brought will also.

Still need to make a plan to see you guys, just need to get over the next few weekends of soccer finals, school fetes etc.

Hope you all have a good time.

Love

SA2Auz

Hi zana,

YES !! Ek's so bly jy gaan daar wees, dan kan ek jou nou uiteindelik ontmoet !! YAY en ophou teem in jou ore in al my behind-the-scenes PM's!! B);) (Jy sal bly wees om dit te hoor !! :P ). Hehehe.

Ag Helga, ek wens julle kon ook kom... :whome:

Ek wonder hoeveel mense gaan kom en hoeveel kinders daar gaan wees. sa2auz, will you be there on Sunday ? Kids coming with ?? Hope to see you there !! SAssy, hope to see you too and also hope to meet sonnetjie and Massyn ! What about Pronutro Tom ? You also going Tom ?

Love

SS

:ilikeit:

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey there,

Ja, we should make another plan to see each other. I really missed you at the last coffee meeting, I even went on a walkabout to look for you. B) We also have loads of school stuff coming up, father's day, grandparent's day, school fete, etc. *sigh* :P Good luck with that !!

Hi there Riekie, Ajay and Carlin,

Sorry girls for not mentioning you when I was talking about ppl I want to see at the braai... It's just that from your replies (and involvement) I sommer assumed I would see you there. Sorry about that, didn't mean to exclude you from my wish list ! ;) Hope to see all of you there !

Love

SS

:whome:

:P Sorry girls for not mentioning you when I was talking about ppl I want to see at the braai... It's just that from your replies (and involvement) I sommer assumed I would see you there. Sorry about that, didn't mean to exclude you from my wish list ! :lol: Hope to see all of you there ! Love SS :ph34r:

Vergewe... B) (Ons is al sulke gereelde aanhangsels, ek neem jou nie kwalik nie.... :ilikeit::whome:;) !!)

Sorry but someone picked the only day that I can't be there SA2Auz

That was me.... :ilikeit: ...... I had to go with the vote.... Sorry you won't be able to make it! B) Luckily we all live close enough to have another braai whenever we feel like it! :P

Sorry girls for not mentioning you when I was talking about ppl I want to see at the braai... It's just that from your replies (and involvement) I sommer assumed I would see you there. Sorry about that, didn't mean to exclude you from my wish list ! Hope to see all of you there ! Love SS

Hmmmm :whome: . Well after that snub, I think my camp gear might just be a little more camo than I originally planned ;) I know when I'm not wanted. :ilikeit: And here I thought we were friends B)

Let's see you try to buddy up to me with your skaamigheid now, Selective Sista!!!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of you there :P

Love

Ajay

Guest Sunshine Sister
Vergewe... :lol: (Ons is al sulke gereelde aanhangsels, ek neem jou nie kwalik nie.... :lol::lol::) !!)

Hey,

Aanhangsels,(?) more like aangroeisels, ek kan nie meer sonder julle nie !! B)

:D Ag sorry, Ajay, my ou camo-kousie, nederige verskoning. :ph34r: Jy kan op my camo-bersie sit, my kampeerbos in die ver hoek met my deel , 'n paar van die stokkies in my hare leen, en ek sal jou totselfs help soek vir 'n paar vir tussen jou tande... (Kan nie myne leen nie, sorry, ek kom uit Chicken Flu wereld, en ek spread maar liewer love en nie disease. ;) ). :ilikeit: So whatcha say ? Gabbas again ?? :P Ek sal my plastic cricket set bring, spesiaal net vir my en jou !! (moenie vir die ander vertel nie, dan gaan speel ons alleen op die ver veld waar niemand ons kan sien nie !) :whome:

Ag Jules, I wish you were near and that you could also be here, we would have had a whale (unless you don't eat seafood, then we could have had biltong and braaivleis like normal Saffers !! :o ). Make a plan and come for the next one ! That will be GREAT ! Thanks btw for your very sweet PM, we should meet up for a chat again soon, when the men are out hunting... :P I'm praying for rain in the meantime.

Thanks Riekie vir die vergewe, nou nog net die moeilike (maar o-so-beeldskone) rooikop en dan gaan ons lekker party !! :D

O ja, gepraat van bid vir reen :

Vragie : Wat doen ons Sondag as dit met bakke uit die hemel kom ??

Die weersvoorspelling vir vandag is storm en buie en more ook... :P Jules se reen val op die verkeerde plek...

Liefde en braaisout groete vir almal en in die besonder vir Ajay

Skies-vir-die-glipsie Sus

:D

:o Ag sorry, Ajay, my ou camo-kousie, nederige verskoning. :ph34r: Jy kan op my camo-bersie sit, my kampeerbos in die ver hoek met my deel , 'n paar van die stokkies in my hare leen, en ek sal jou totselfs help soek vir 'n paar vir tussen jou tande... (Kan nie myne leen nie, sorry, ek kom uit Chicken Flu wereld, en ek spread maar liewer love en nie disease. ;) ). :P So whatcha say ? Gabbas again ?? :) Ek sal my plastic cricket set bring, spesiaal net vir my en jou !! (moenie vir die ander vertel nie, dan gaan speel ons alleen op die ver veld waar niemand ons kan sien nie !) B)

Thanks Riekie vir die vergewe, nou nog net die moeilike (maar o-so-beeldskone) rooikop en dan gaan ons lekker party !! :D

Hey, I'm only human! Who could resist the offer to pick straw of out Sunshine's hair :lol:, nevermind the the opportunity to speel aleen in die veld :ilikeit::lol::P I can almost hear the banjos playing in my head :lol: Dump the camo - I'm wearing denim dungarees and gonna polish up my square-dancing skills all night :whome: Yeeeehaaaaa!

You're forgiven, Simpering Sista - really looking forward to seeing you all there!

Love

Ajay

Die weervoorselling sê: 21 grade en sonskyn - geen kans vir rëen nie! :P (Hoop hulle het die hierdie keer reg....... B) ) AS dit rëen, sit maar in die kar en wag met die "coolbox" op die agtersitplek - hier in Sydney rëen dit mos net vir 10 minute.... Sien nog hoe sit ons almal daar op 'n ry soos in die Pretoria "Drive In" deur ons "wipers" en loer...... :ilikeit::whome:

Guest Sunshine Sister
I'm wearing denim dungarees and gonna polish up my square-dancing skills all night Yeeeehaaaaa!

Aw heyuck Sista!

Naw yew gonnan open a whoal udder diskushion.

Yew hit that ideya retina haid. Weyal be haffin wannavem doozier-ma-hickey, Shingdig, barn-hoedowns. Heeeyaaaaa. We iz afterall in dem Hills cawntry. :ilikeit: Them thar renny shaur won't last half an haur, Riekie,

bestest just don't pay it no never mind." "Daggumit I knot fer sure wot ya be wantin me ta do, but I’ain’t be dancing dem fancy stepping schootches.

I’be in dem camos – ya’ll knows me, hehehe, them ppls iz grumpin' :

Them thar new nayeeburrz (dem Sunshines) iz so uppitee, they ain't hillbilliez, why, they'z hillWilliamz!

Yeeeeehaaaa.

:P

See ya

Suthern Sista

B)

Weyal be haffin wannavem doozier-ma-hickey, Shingdig, barn-hoedowns. Heeeyaaaaa. We iz afterall in dem Hills cawntry. :whome:

Well, dayam! :P

Why dint any of ya'll good people down thur in Sidnaye tell me ya'll was havin a hoe-down? B) I woulda packed my bags in a flash, grabbed a bottle of grandpaw's moonshine, the finest there is this side o' the Mississippi, and been down thur in a flash, bootskootin with the best of yas.

Thanks fer nuthin. :ilikeit:

Jewlee

Thanks fer nuthin. :ilikeit:

Jewlee

Jewlee!!! :whome:;):ph34r: *wiping tears from my eyes* I never realised how the simple spelling of a name could carry an accent so well :P

I can feel a modified version of a Dolly Parton song coming on here B) Wish you could join us - we'll really miss you :lol:

Love

Ajay (I cain't think of a Suthern wat t' spell ma dayam nayam!)

Guest Sunshine Sister
Well, dayam! <_<

Why dint any of ya'll good people down thur in Sidnaye tell me ya'll was havin a hoe-down? :angry: I woulda packed my bags in a flash, grabbed a bottle of grandpaw's moonshine, the finest there is this side o' the Mississippi, and been down thur in a flash, bootskootin with the best of yas.

Thanks fer nuthin. :angry:

Jewlee

Awh, dayam Jewlee, Hunne,

Had we been knowin yew iz wan of us bootskooters, we's wood hayv letcha known irleeyar. :( We was thinkan, ya been Narth an'll, yew'd be all Yanky and flash. Wahay too swaynky for the likes of us. :blush: Sorry little darlin', my thinkin' were as muddled as the Mississippi bayou. I iz inviten yew naw, gimme a holla for a pick-up from th'eyerport. Darrill and Anferney will come getcha... :ilikeit:

Thaynks fir understaynden. Have a nice day now ya'll and don' be a straynger !!

Love

Suthern Sista

:)

Edited by Sunshine Sister

:blush::angry::angry: Dagse Mense, Ek gaan dit ongelukkig nie meer kan maak nie :):(

Sou so graag daar wou wees en almal ontmoet :cry:

Ek hoop julle het n fantastiese dag en laat maar gerus weet hoe dit gegaan het en post dalk n pickkie of 2 :ilikeit: Al is dit net om ons ander jealous te maak ;)<_<

Guest Sunshine Sister

Howzit ppl,

I have just come from the braai - and oh man, did we have a blast !! :blush: It was such a success. A big THANK YOU and Congratulations to Riekie for orchestrating such a well-planned get-together. You rock, girl ! The kids had a fantastic time - running around, riding their bikes, playing cricket, meeting new friends and eating ice cream. It is rare to find such a large group of ppl who all get along as well as what we had today. Not all that many forumites, which was a bit disappointing, but a big success and a fantastic day nonetheless. Riekie's fantastic organizational skills/hard work and Mrs. Massyn's melktert deserve awards. <_<

Thanks everybody for making it such a nice day !

Hope to see all of you again, soon !

Love

Sunshine Sista