Perth get together

Guest Lara

Shall we make it the 9th or 10th then. If it rains one day we can always try and make it the next? I am being optimistic and hope it will not rain both days! :angry: I do not know of any indoor venues that will be good for kids.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Lindy-Lee

• Olly

• drakie

I am following this thread with a lot of interest! If you keep postponing it I might even make it from here in the boendoes... :unsure:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Oh I enjoyed that one!!! Had a good chuckle now! :angry: Yes, Dreamy, it looks that way - may even end up in the boendoes.... I tell you, I thought the Cape weather was erratic - its got nothing on Perth! I took my daughter to school an hour ago and the sun was shining - now its gale force winds with "sideways" :yawn: rain!! :)

On a more serious note, guys, I myself do not know of a kiddy-friendly indoors alternative - so, perhaps we should just do it as Michelle suggests - otherwise we'll never get together... :lol:

I must tell you that we had a barbie of our own on saturday in the end. The meat was defrosted so we had to. It was not looking too bad and we started up the barbie and had our glasses of wine ready. Next thing it started pouring down with rain. I got the umbrella and hubbies raincoat to try and keep te food dry and after we were ready for anything the rain stopped and the sun came out again. It's insane this weather I tell you!!

Edited by Michelle

I'll let you guys decide on a day or days. We'll just fit in.

Shall we make it the 9th or 10th then. If it rains one day we can always try and make it the next? I am being optimistic and hope it will not rain both days! :( I do not know of any indoor venues that will be good for kids.

Hi Guys

I see that you are looking for a indoor thing that is good for the kids as well. I suppose it all depends on how old you kinds are but there is a big indoor play arena in Osborne Park if you want I can get the address for you just let me know. It has a coffee shop as well.

:(

Hi Guys

I see that you are looking for a indoor thing that is good for the kids as well. I suppose it all depends on how old you kinds are but there is a big indoor play arena in Osborne Park if you want I can get the address for you just let me know. It has a coffee shop as well.

:(

Yes please! It appears we need all the help we can get on this one... :unsure:

Here we go :(

Beach House Kids Fun Centre call 9242 8800 or visit 5 O'Malley St, Osborne Park.

9242 8800

Realy a nice place to go to hope this helps i will be waching the tread to see were you guys are going if we can we will also be there.

Thanks for the info, JohanK! The more the merrier, me thinks! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone - hopefully the weather will be kind to us - something like today - glorious sunshine and blue, blue skies :)

What do you think Lara, will that work for you and your kids? If so should we make it there on Saturday the 9th at 2. We will probably need to book so we will need numbers. All in agreement say yeah... :)

The Beach House charges to get in:$3 for Age 6-11 months; $7.50 for Ages 1-4; $8.50 for ages 5-12 and on school and public holidays add an extra $ to that.

So are we going to Mawson Park if it is sunny and The Beach House if it rains?

OK shall we finalise it:

MAWSON PARK

SATURDAY 9th SEPTEMBER

2PM

if it is raining then head off to THE BEACH HOUSE

(Anyone know how to put this on the calendar on this forum?)

The Beach House charges to get in:$3 for Age 6-11 months; $7.50 for Ages 1-4; $8.50 for ages 5-12 and on school and public holidays add an extra $ to that.

So are we going to Mawson Park if it is sunny and The Beach House if it rains?

• 2 weeks later...
..... if I can find it.

Hey Werner,

Lara (post #19) posted a link to a map to the park, in case you need help to find it!

Otherwise, see ya'all on Saturday - at long last, this thing is coming together... :blush:

TTFN, Noeks :ph34r:

Hope you all have a fab time.

I got my daughters 9'th birthday party on. Having a house full of fairies, princesses and whatevers... :whome:

LIndy-Lee

:ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

How did the get together go? Haven't had any feedback yet..... :P

Hope you guys had a fab day, the weather was great. :rolleyes:

Lindy-Lee

:holy:

Hi, hope your daughter had a great birthday.

Not many people came on Saturday - but it was still good to get together. And the weather was GREAT :holy:

Hey guys

How did the get together go? Haven't had any feedback yet..... :P

Hope you guys had a fab day, the weather was great. :rolleyes:

Lindy-Lee

;)

Hi, hope your daughter had a great birthday.

Thanx Lara

yes she did...they had so much fun and they all looked so ADORABLE

Lindy-Lee

:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Happy New Year!

The Ystervarkies have landed.

If any of you South African guys are getting together for a braai or barbie or coffee club, we would love to join and meet. We are a relatively normal couple (sic) staying in Joondalup and keen to swop stories and gather advice about getting settled in WA.

Looking forward to the begining of our new lives.

Bye

Ystervarkie (X2)

Happy happy to u too Ystervarkies!! Such a pity you missed our barbies / get-togethers over the festive season - we had a great time - lovely crowd - well, I think so, at least :ilikeit: Will have to organise another soon soon and get y'all to join us.... seeing as we live just down the road from you!! Hope u guys are very happy here - welcome!!

Lv Noeksie :(

Hi all!

Please wait for us!! :blink: We are arriving on 4th Feb and will be staying in Iluka (I believe close to Joondalup). Oh well, if we don't make the next one, we will definitely be there for the following one! :ilikeit::whome::blush:

Love Lee