Guest Lara

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Lindy-Lee

• Olly

We sure would like to get together Lara. If we can do it on a weeknight or weekend I would really appreciate it as I can not make morning tea get togethers

sorry its a change of topic but, do u know any young afr people in WA 15 - 25 or sumthing. We are a group of afr youg people who are doing something every weekend and were looking for more friends! Most of us is around perth

If u do, please let me know!

Thank you

Elanie (19)

:ilikeit:

What do you mean by afr? afrikaans, afican, south african? I know english speaking south africans in that age range

Ok lets decide on which weekend?

And venue?

We've got two small kids so for us a playground with a park with braai facilities is generally the best bet. The ones I know of are at Floreat Beach and Trigg Beach. But I'm sure there are plenty around that we haven't been to yet.

Any suggestions welcome.

We sure would like to get together Lara. If we can do it on a weeknight or weekend I would really appreciate it as I can not make morning tea get togethers

That sounds great! I'm also coming!!! Let me know what you guys decide and where etc. I have a 7 year old daughter. Is it for us ladies only?

And for Drakie - my daughter is here visiting from SA for three months and would love to mix with other youngsters her age - let us know and we'll organise something.

Lv Noeksie x :D

Everyone is welcome - bring your whole family.

That sounds great! I'm also coming!!! Let me know what you guys decide and where etc. I have a 7 year old daughter. Is it for us ladies only?

And for Drakie - my daughter is here visiting from SA for three months and would love to mix with other youngsters her age - let us know and we'll organise something.

Lv Noeksie x :D

We are going to Brissie from 26th until 2nd of September. This weekend hubby is going to Melbourne for work for a few days. So the weekend of the 17th or sometime in September would be great for me. I like Trigg it could be good.

Hi basically afrikaans speaking people, all of us speak afr! How old are ur daughter thats here noeks? Reason why i ask is because some of us are going ice skating on saturday!!

Hope to hear from u soon!

Elanie :D

How old are ur daughter thats here noeks? Reason why i ask is because some of us are going ice skating on saturday!!

Hope to hear from u soon!

Elanie :ilikeit:

Hi Elanie, she's 22 but bok for a jol and loves going out and loves meeting new people - she says she'd love to join you guys - PM me and we organise something? Lv Noeks :ilikeit:

PS. She is English speaking but ag, what does that matter! She understands and communicates perfectly in Afrikaans albeit with an English accent... :ilikeit:

There is a really nice park with playground off Flinders road in Hillarys. There is a little lake and there are braai facilities. Don't know if any of you have been there before? The playground is really cool as it is great for older children as well.

Anybody have any other suggestions on a venue?

Also what time should we meet up on the 19th?

The date suits us too - hubby working away but will bring my two daughters.

There is a really nice park with playground off Flinders road in Hillarys. There is a little lake and there are braai facilities. Don't know if any of you have been there before? The playground is really cool as it is great for older children as well.

Is that Mawson Park? We've been there before - my 7 year old daughter was invited to a birthday party which was held there - very lovely setting. Got the cutest little ducks that waddle around and eat off your palms! :whome: I think its an ideal setting and a lovely place for the kids to run wild and play safely. :D

The venue sounds good! I just hope the weather plays along. If not maybe we can meet at a coffeshop at Hillarys. Should we make it around 12?

Noeks - yes it is Mawson Park

(there is a map at the bottom of this page)

http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/include...pr=full&rid=808

Olly - it will be great if you guys can make it

Michelle - lets hope for good weather - I guess we'll have to have a "plan B" just in case it rains. It will have to be someone children friendly.

12 sounds good - Is that OK with everyone?

The venue sounds good! I just hope the weather plays along. If not maybe we can meet at a coffeshop at Hillarys. Should we make it around 12?
Edited by Lara

Hi everyone, have been out of touch for a while but anyway............ a get together sounds great. You know me Lara and all my kids so kid-friendly is a MUST! Can't make a morning get together, but can do an afternoon one on the 19th. Another suggestion for venue: Whiteman Park. They have braai facilities but I think you may have to book an undercover area. Great playground for the kids. Keep in touch.

Hi Maggie,

Whiteman parks sounds like a good option. What does everyone think?

We could make it a little later - 2pm?

Hi everyone, have been out of touch for a while but anyway............ a get together sounds great. You know me Lara and all my kids so kid-friendly is a MUST! Can't make a morning get together, but can do an afternoon one on the 19th. Another suggestion for venue: Whiteman Park. They have braai facilities but I think you may have to book an undercover area. Great playground for the kids. Keep in touch.

Hi all

Here are some details for Whiteman Park should you need it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shelters are available for reservation. They range in price from $45, $65 & $80 for the day.

Entry into Whiteman Park is free and then you pay for the various attractions as you use them.

For further information about our facilities, please call us on 9209 6000.

Many thanks

Jodi Squires

Customer Service Officer

Whiteman Park

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whiteman park is very big and often has alot of groups of people picnicing/braaing so it might be difficult for a bunch of strangers who dont know what each other looks like to find each other. Just a thought. It is lovely there though but maybe better for going with people you know, or you could find yourself asking a hundred people 'are you South African'?

The shelters at Whiteman Park are all numbered and there is a detailed map on their site. Just thought I'd mention it.

Also has two parks for kids and lots of other extras, like gift shop, craft shop, printing press, tram trips, train trips etc