Hi Guys....

Norm

Hi Guys... Application for subclass 138 Visa using my teacher qualification submitted in March so now doing the waiting bit (and like everyone else, constantly trying to find ways to make the process go quicker.... Does anyone know of schools wanting to sponsor a teacher under a subclass 418 visa??).

I'm an ex-fighter pilot, High School teacher and now HR / Training Manager and my partner, Tina, a Senior Graphic Designer. Looking to relocate to the Sydney area... Particularly around either Gosforth or Richmond.

Tried the whole SIR and Victoria Sponsored route but seems like their published teacher-shortage isn't all that critical. Otherwise have done everything ourselves (not about to fork out R15K to someone else)... and have become a little bit of an expert on the matter as a consequence, so anyone wanting to know anything... feel free to shout.

There's a little house next to a lake where I can sit all day and write that has my name on it....

Norm

Hi Norm

Welcome to our little patch of the wwworld! Hope you have fun here. Its always helpful to have "an expert" around.

Our 138 went in in May 06, so we're a little behind you in the queue. This waiting sure is tough, hey? We're heading off to Perth, as the family's all that side of Aus. Where are you guys in SA?

Cindylou

Thanks for the welcome note. "expert"?? hmmmm... wouldn't go that far. But I have a lot of time on my hands and am fixated with getting to Oz so spend a lot of time doing research on that little "so close but so far" topic. We stay in Sharonlea in Ranburg...

Norm

Hi Norm,

You did the right thing, doing everthing yourself, we on the other hand, made use of an agent and if I knew what I know now, I would pay nobody a cent, but it's to late now.....

We've been with the agency since March and our application is still not in, evertime there is something els they need!!!!

Needless to say, I don't now when we will arive in Oz, hopefully we will be able to start 2007 there, but we will wait and see.

Enjoy the form.

Sulona