Looking for sponsor

Bullet

Hello All

Can anyone please give me detail on any company or person who would sponsor an well qualified electrician into WA perth region

Regards

Bullet

Hi Bullet

Would you not have to achieve your re-registration in Australia before you could work as an electrician?

I don't know about WA but in Victoria a friend of ours had to do so. This meant studying the Victorian rules and writing an exam, in order to be licensed.

Mara

Hi Bullet,

Have you tried Workpac? There is currently a huge drive to recruit overseas people to the Goldfields Esperance region. The biggest hurdle is to have your skill assessed and recognised. This usually takes about ten working days after they have received it.

Please ask if you have any more questions, and don't limit your search to the Perth region. There is a lot of work available inland, and it usually pays well.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher

Hi Mara and Dreamcatcher

This is for a friend of mine he has already had his trade assesed and has been accepted as an electrician,he has to do the exam thing but can only do it once he is here

Thanks for the Info

RSA electricians are accepted in Australia and if you have a wireman's licence or Master Electricians licence you may not even be asked to retest or write the exam as these are highly regarded (for the time being)

I found Seek.com the best site too look for work/sponsors. Do not get discouraged by all the polite thanks but no thanks just keep going on or another time the right job/sponsor will come up. Have a look on BHP Bilitons site as well with the expansion at Olympic mine they are bound to look for people and are not shy to sponsor the right people.

Hope you get sponsored soon