Agents

ANXIOUS

I'm new to this immigration thing. I need help :) Is there someone who can tell me if an immigration agent will speed up our immigration process. Any suggestions of agents that we can trust

Edited by ANXIOUS

Hi and welcome.

Agents can't speed up the process... they can help you get your application together though.

Hi ANXIOUS

Welcome to the forum. A great place to begin the process. It's like Gizmo said, agents wouldn't help you speed it up, and the online application (if you have a computer and internet at home) is really straight forward, with all the info available on www.immi.gov.au. Will also save you quite a bit of money (agent fees). But if you do decide on one, don't use Network Migration.

All the best to you, Prieska

We tried to use Andre Burger & associates - I think he only takes "easy" cases, which you can do yourself, because he did not want to accept our case, which was more difficult.

Hi There

You could try www.ozxchange.com.au or www.carremigration.com.au both these agents gave us good advice regarding our application we are not signed up as clients at either one of them but they at least answered all our questions not in detail but at least we got a good picture as to what would be the best for us.

Good luck shop around don't just sign with the first agent do some research and then decide.

Good luck

Lilo

Hi ANXIOUS

Welcome to the forum. A great place to begin the process. It's like Gizmo said, agents wouldn't help you speed it up, and the online application (if you have a computer and internet at home) is really straight forward, with all the info available on www.immi.gov.au. Will also save you quite a bit of money (agent fees). But if you do decide on one, don't use Network Migration.

All the best to you, Prieska

Hi,

Just to clarify a small issue. The above agent should not be confused with a migration agent from the Gold Coast who trades under the name of Migration Network Australia (or MNA for short). There is no link between the two.

Regards

• 1 year later...

We went through the agent route, but i have quite a few wrinds that did it themselves, and honestly i had to chase my agent so much i might have done it myself. It really is not too difficult there is a host of info on the web, and all the different forums out there.

I live in the Uk SA by birth..sry just thtght i would make tht clear.

All in it has cost us the better part of £4000 and it has taken us 19 months to get WA sponsorsh.. Im an electrician by trade...

Six months ago we were in the same boat and actually posted the question on the forum "do we or don't we use an agent". Most of the advise then was not to use an agent. We looked at a few agents, what they were charging and what services they offered and decided to go it alone. I am really glad we did this as I think I would have driven the agent mad with wanting to know what was going on. Most of the questions we had were answered by the websites and this forum. We managed to get the all the paperwork from home affairs (probably the worst part of the application and something you have to do yourselves anyway unless you are prepared to pay another R2000-R3000), write IELTS, apply for skills assessment, apply for State Sponsorship and put in the application online all within 6 months.

You learn as you go along and the forum can answer anything. I look back now and remember having to ask what an unabridged marriage certificate was - didn't even know there was such a thing!!

Good luck

Terry

• Like 1

I'm new to this immigration thing. I need help :blush: Is there someone who can tell me if an immigration agent will speed up our immigration process. Any suggestions of agents that we can trust

Hi Anxious

Welcome to the forum. You can do your own application an agent cannot speed up the process or guarantee that you will get a visa. If you have the time and the patience to do research do the application yourself and save yourself lots of money! We've done it twice on our own, both times we received the visas in record times.

Wishing you all the best.