Hi guy's...

Dirtbikerider

Hi, We have just joined the forum,after being recommended by my cousin who is already in QLD.

Don't want to say to much as we are still ..."under the radar..."

From what I've seen so far .....wow....what a great bunch of support...pity we didn't support one another like this for the last 20 years....maybe we wouldn't all be leaving our beautiful shores...

We have been deliberating "this" move or rather "A" move for the last 4-5 years, first it was going to be Botswana...but from our latest findings and info crime is out of control there as well...

We are going to Brisbane,Probably the Sunshine coast ? ? ?

Look forward to lot's of discussion now and "BARBIES" in the future with many of you on the forum.

...just read my last line ....it's weird to say that ....used to using those words to describe a day of over indulgence..."Babalas"...will we ever loose that ???

Welcome to the forum Hilton.

And good luck with the process.

Welcome and good luck with everything

Hi Hilton

Welcome here. There is a lot of info on this forum, also dealing with emotional issues as well. Always great to hear how the South africans in Australia are coping. You read about the good and the bad and then you get to decide for yourself. All the best with making a decision and then enjoy the rollercoaster ride from there on. Great fun!!

Keep well, ILze & Jaco

Welcome Hilton,

While you think about it start getting the paperwork, its worth the trouble there is a lot of waiting :thumbdown:

Good Luck

Hi Hilton

Welcome here. There is a lot of info on this forum, also dealing with emotional issues as well. Always great to hear how the South africans in Australia are coping. You read about the good and the bad and then you get to decide for yourself. All the best with making a decision and then enjoy the rollercoaster ride from there on. Great fun!!

Keep well, ILze & Jaco

Thanks for all the advice and support....we already applied in Jan 2008...through a crowd called www.Visas-R-Us.com.au....extremely professional and helpful.

They are a bunch of ex Saffers and Namibians.

Come out to SA every three or so months...

No kidding about the emotional issues.....I thought i was tough....but the emotional roller coaster of giving up so much for the unknown....mind blowing....the decision has been made ,but then that little fella...."doubt"... show's his grin and it all start's again....

It's easier every time...I must say.

We are positive and certain that life in Oz is going to be great...

The biggest mind bender is that I feel that we are not really leaving of our own FREE will...I think most of us given the choice would stay if we could be certain that things will return to the splendor that SA was but a few short years ago...

Hi Hilton,

Welcome to the forum, and may it exceed your expectations!

Here's hoping that your experience with your agents and the visa application process is positive and that it all goes smoothly and quickly. I take it that you have already done your IELTS English test and skills assessments then?

Enjoy the ride!

TereMel

Hi Hilton,

Welcome to the forum, and may it exceed your expectations!

Here's hoping that your experience with your agents and the visa application process is positive and that it all goes smoothly and quickly. I take it that you have already done your IELTS English test and skills assessments then?

Enjoy the ride!

TereMel

Ielts booked in Moz 28 june....My wife is busy with setting up the skills assessment...

Is it neccessary to go to the workshops for the Ielts test,or is it neccessary to get the CD, or should we not bother ?... we both have to write the Ielts...

Ielts booked in Moz 28 june....My wife is busy with setting up the skills assessment...

Is it neccessary to go to the workshops for the Ielts test,or is it neccessary to get the CD, or should we not bother ?... we both have to write the Ielts...

Hi Hilton, we did not attend the workshop (too expensive) but we had the book and CD, looking back now, we would have been fine without the book and Cd as well. We're afrikaans speaking and still got high scores. You'll be fine, don't worry too much.

Keep well and good luck, ILze

[The biggest mind bender is that I feel that we are not really leaving of our own FREE will...I think most of us given the choice would stay if we could be certain that things will return to the splendor that SA was but a few short years ago...

Edited by MannyT