Anyone moving to Perth?

Cuz

Hi

My husband, 2 year old son and I are presently waiting for our visa and will be leaving for Perth sometime in the next few months. I really want to meet others who are going to Perth and try to get together with other Perth movers before the time. I thought it would at least make it easier to know that there are people there that we can meet up with and we aren't all on our own.

Adene

Hi

My husband, 2 year old son and I are presently waiting for our visa and will be leaving for Perth sometime in the next few months. I really want to meet others who are going to Perth and try to get together with other Perth movers before the time. I thought it would at least make it easier to know that there are people there that we can meet up with and we aren't all on our own.

Adene

Hi Adene

We are from Bronkhorstspruit 60 km east of Pretoria. We have 3 children age 6 , 5, 3 - still don't know when we will be leaving for Perth - writing our EILTS on Saturday. I am a teacher, must pass my EILTS first before we can apply for our visa. Where in Pretoria are you about?

All the best

Pieter en Dorette

Hi Adene.

My husband and I live in Pretoria and we plan to be in Perth by the latest January next year. We handed in our application 6 months ago, so hopefully not too much longer before we hear something.

It would be great to get to know other people that are going to be there.

My sister, her husband and their 2 kids are also 'Packing for Perth early next year.

Hi Adene

We are also off to Perth. If all goes well we will be there by June 08.

I, my wife and 2 children aged 6 and 4.

Were from Cape Town so..., maybe see you on the other side. :whome:

Hi Adene,

We're also off to Perth. I leave on 29 Arpil 2008 and my wife and our two kids (2 and 6) will join me in a couple of months.

Stef

Hi Dana,

I hope to leave for Perth but I just stated so maybe in a year also from Cape Town

Go well

Fern

Edited by Fern

hi there,

WE are from DBN but are moving to Perth in december or Jan 2009...

Candice

We are already in Perth, please feel free to PM if you would like meet up with me on your arrival in Perth.

Noele

Hi

Adene

Hi

Adene

Hi there,

My husband, my two teenagers and I are also moving to Perth. We are from Empangeni, KZN. We are writing our EILTS at the end of August in Durban, and after that when everything is sorted - we will also be going to Perth.

Hi Daar,

Ek , vrou en 2 seuns van 2 jaar en 6 maande gaan ook na Perth een middel van die jaar.

Groete

Wimpie

Hi,

Ons hoop om so teen einde November te PfP (Pack-for-Perth :ilikeit: )

Ek, my man en twee kinders (3, 4 en 'n half jaar oud). Ons is in die mooiste Kaap!

Groete

HI Pieter and Dorette

Sorry I haven't replied yet, we've been painting our house in order to sell and my computer was buried under all sorts of things for a few days. I am delighted that you responded to my post. We are in Moreletapark. Our visa is in the whole process of hopefully being approved so it could be any time from now I guess. I am planning to only get there around September though. I don't know how you feel about it but we would love to meet up with if you would like and have a chat. It would be nice to know some people over there. Let me know how you feel about it. We could find a nice place where the kids can run around and we can have a drink. Maybe try get a few other people going over to join too. Lemme know your thoughts on this.

Regards

Adene

Hi Gina

Sorry I haven't replied yet, we've been painting our house in order to sell and my computer was buried under all sorts of things for a few days. I am delighted that you responded to my post. Our visa is in the whole process of hopefully being approved so it could be any time from now I guess. I am planning to only get there around September though. Would you like to make a coffee date and meet up? Your sister and her family could join with the kids, there are a lot of lovely places where the kids can run around and we can have a drink. Let me know what you think about this.

Regards

Adene

Hi Dana

It would be great to keep in touch. At least if we do ever meet up on the other side you will seem familiar. Good luck with all the last minute arrangements. Do you know where you will be staying?

Regards

Adene

HI Stef

Gosh that is just round the corner. My husband will also go a few months before my son and I join him, not easy but at least he can try find a place to rent and find his way around. If your family is in Pta or closeby let me know and maybe we can meet up with you before you go or with them for a coffee somewhere. Would be nice to have a familiar face when we are over there.

Take care and best of luck for all the last minute arrangements.

Regards

Adene

Hi Candice

Lets keep in touch and maybe we can meet up over there in Perth. All the best with the plans.

Regards

Adene

Edited by Cuz

Hi Noele

How long have you been there? Any advise on where to find a place to stay? I would love to keep in touch with you and meet up when we are there.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Adene

Hi Loma

Lets keep in touch and maybe we can meet up in Perth. I don't know about you but we don't or won't know many people there. Will be nice to put a face to the person I am chatting to. All the best for the plans ahead and the packing up, a definate emotional rollercoaster isn't it.

Regards

Adene

HI Wimpie

Ek gaan my beste probeer om Afrikaans te skryf so moenie lag nie (jy kan maar as jy wil). Bly julle ook in Pta? Miskien kan ons a Koffietjie reel en....meet up with some others who are also going( took too long to try write that in Afrikaanse).

Regards

Adene

Hi Anzel

Ek gaan nie eers probeer om verder in Afrikaans te skryf nie want dit gaan my te lank vat. I would love to keep in touch with you. Our children are all still so young and it would be nice to meet up with people who have little kids. My husband by the way is AFrikaanse and I can speak it pretty well it is just the writing, aagh...hectic.

Take care and good luck with the next few months

Regards

Adene

Hi all,

We are also packing for Perth, hoping to arrive 1 Aug 08 - can't wait!!

Not in South A at the moment, so can't go for coffee, but once we're over we should make a plan for a BBQ or something.

Just hubby and me, no kids yet, hopefully that will change once our PR gets through. :angry:

PLEASE don't exclude us 'cause we don't have kids!! Have SOOOO had enough of that in Middle East. :angry: People tend to think you are different, but we are just like you guys - before kids!! :whome::lol:

No seriously - we should keep in touch. Having a good "base network" of people around us, can be beneficial to all of us.

We are also Afrikaans people, but happy to have a braai in English!! :lol:

Hi all you future Perthians Perthtonians,

There is not a day that one does not meet South Africans. You will hear Afrikaans in all the shopping centre etc. Perth is wonderful. Sunday I would say almost a 1000 SAFFERS got together to enjoy each other and eat nice SA stuff. Please see the enclosed photos of the event.

All the best with your plans

Alias

post-447-1207820844.jpg

post-447-1207820891.jpg

Edited by Alias

Hi Legalbuff

How about a English/Afrikaanse braai. Our son is growing up with both. Lets keep watching this space and keep it going till we are all there. Hope to see you there and good luck with the moving. PS. I need a social life too so not having kids isn't an issue, I need maaitjies too(don't know how to spell that properly)

Edited by Cuz

Hi Alias

Wow, what a cool photo. That looked wonderful. Did you all get together through the forum?

Hi Adene

We have been in Perth for nearly 3 years. We live in Sorrento and my children are at the local school in years 3 & 6. The best place to start looking for a rental is www.reiwa.com.au, are you looking for a short term rental which is fully furnished but costs more, or would you prefer to find a rental and camp there while you wait for your container.

Regards

Noele

Hi Noele

How long have you been there? Any advise on where to find a place to stay? I would love to keep in touch with you and meet up when we are there.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Adene