Australia DVD

Guest CAPETOWNCA

Guest CAPETOWNCA

Hi There

I have looked but cannot find anything on this topic.

Has anybody seen any good DVD's (documentaries or travel) on Australia.

I have looked under kalahari.net, but there are quite a few.

I would like to look at some DVD's to get some idea already

of some of the areas before the LSD trip.

Maybe somebody can recommend specific ones.

Thanks

CTCA

Guest CAPETOWNCA

Hi There

I am stilL looking for some DVD's to watch just to get some insights into various areas in Aus.

Has anybody seen the DVD: Australia - Land Beyond Time

This is the description on Kalahari:

" Exotic and isolated, Australia is an intriguing continent that few people will ever get the opportunity to visit. From the miles of red, weathered sand dunes that characterize the continent's famed Outback, to the cascading waterfalls and lush wildlife of its scattered rainforests, Australia is a land of extremes.

Australia: Land Beyond Time is a breathtaking journey through the exotic, surreal and dramatic natural environment of Australia. This Large Format film uncovers Australia's hidden beauty; explores its inhabitants and landscapes through the dramatic musical compositions of David Bridie"

I am just not to sure about the last part :...through the dramatic musical compositions of David Bridie ... B)

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks

CTCA

Hey CTCA,

Not sure about the DVD's you're looking for but check out You Tube. Type in the search the city you're looking for and there is some cool footage of wherever you want.

post-5933-1208026842.gif

Hi There

I have looked but cannot find anything on this topic.

Has anybody seen any good DVD's (documentaries or travel) on Australia.

I have looked under kalahari.net, but there are quite a few.

I would like to look at some DVD's to get some idea already

of some of the areas before the LSD trip.

Maybe somebody can recommend specific ones.

Thanks

CTCA

Hi

I don't know about a DVD but I've found a brilliant website that has online videos and pictures of the various parts of australia. I don't know how well the internet in SA would cope because I live in the UK at this stage and when I visited SA last August, it took ages to load.

Search: www.pleasetakemeto.com

You can search for their videos on youtube as well.

Hope this helps!

Hi CTCA

If you have broadband, here are a few of the Australian television programs which deal with travel in our lovely country. You can watch entire episodes, or watch segments from episodes. Not all the segments are about Australia, especially on Getaway, but the ones that are will give you a good idea. Beware that it can be addictive though:

Great Outdoors

Getaway

thanks for the links! :lol:

Hi

check out your local library (yes, in SA) for national geographic and other Aussie videos. Ours in Fish Hoek, Cape Town has quite a few videos and DVD's for the family to see.

Guest CAPETOWNCA
Hi

check out your local library (yes, in SA) for national geographic and other Aussie videos. Ours in Fish Hoek, Cape Town has quite a few videos and DVD's for the family to see.

Thanks Kerry-Lea, will try this.

Guest CAPETOWNCA
Hi Hairy Dingo

I have tried your link, it loaded in seconds - fantastic. Thank you

Hi 3 R's

Can you actually watch the video's uninterrupted?. Mine starts playing and

the stops every few seconds, displays few stripes in the middle forming

a circle and then continues - is this normal?

Regards

CTCA

Hi 3 R's

Can you actually watch the video's uninterrupted?. Mine starts playing and

the stops every few seconds, displays few stripes in the middle forming

a circle and then continues - is this normal?

Regards

CTCA

Yep, that's normal. It just means that the play-speed is faster than your internet connection's download speed. I usually opens the video, let it start to play and then quickly press the pause button. Then I go and make me a nice cup of tea while the video downloads. If you then hit the play button, you will have an uninterrupted visual journey. Enjoy ! (Heck, guess what, being married to an IT guy does teach an arty wife something after seven years ! )

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, that's normal. It just means that the play-speed is faster than your internet connection's download speed. I usually opens the video, let it start to play and then quickly press the pause button. Then I go and make me a nice cup of tea while the video downloads. If you then hit the play button, you will have an uninterrupted visual journey. Enjoy ! (Heck, guess what, being married to an IT guy does teach an arty wife something after seven years ! )

Thank you! :ilikeit: Thought my computor was to old/slow :lol: . Now I understand.

Regard

If you in SA and has DSTV - have a look at the travel Channel. I saw quite a few of these dealing with Australia.

Last night saw about south & west Oz.