God is great!!!!!!!

au3

Hi everyone!

I have to testify about the greatness of our GOD! :ilikeit:

Yesterday we had the auction of our house and but the grace of God we did not have any problems. Everything went smooth. The house did not get sold at the magnificent price that we would have wanted, but it is SOLD!

Then the best thing ever happened. We got an e-mail from my husbands boss in Melbourne, telling us, that we have 1 month accommodation when we get there, and they are paying for his ticket. Well I am sure a lot of you is going "now that is nothing to get exited about", but we did not negotiate that when he accepted the job. So we where looking here, there and everywhere for cheap accommodation for when we get there.

A while ago I stressed about the sale of the house tremendously. I had a list as long as my arm of what I thought we needed to do with the money. Then one day while I was praying God showed me a verse in Psalms; "don't count on your warhorses to give you victory, for all their power they can not save you!". Then I realised I was putting my trust in what we could get for our house and not in God.

Well needless to say yesterday I realised again than our God is able to meet all of our needs……

Greetings and may the peace of God that surpasses all understanding, guard your hearts and mind. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep His love really is.

Amen to that! I am happy for you that you have been so abundantly blessed. If there is any information about Melbourne that I can assist with, please do not hesitate to PM or email me.

Thanks Mara. We are flying 28 April. I will keep your offer in mind.

Cheers

Hi, thats wonderful news about your house been sold.

Yip God is great and when we put our trust in Him wholeheartedly then we allow Him to do miraculous things.We are also in Boksburg and our house has been on the market for 2 months and still no sale.The one offer we had unfortunately fell through.I have had moments of despondency and then started spending a lot of time with God again .He has revealed many things to me to encourage me to put my trust in Him completely and not to rely on the world for support.

Phillipians 4:19...."And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus". Yes we really want to go to Australia(visas in passports)now, but I must wait upon the Lord,coz when the timing is right it will happen.He knows our desires and he wouldnt have put them there if there wasnt a reason in the first place.I am really trying to trust in the Lord to meet our needs, so I must submit my will to him completely.

Another verse that has been of great comfort to me is from John 14:27"Peace I leave with you;my peace I give you.I do not give to you as the world gives.Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid."We need to have peace in our hearts and allow God to be in control of all our situations..not just the ones we cant deal with.Thats the problem with us .We want to take control of all our situations and only give them over to God when we cant sort out the problems.

I will be lying if I told you I am not at all worried that our house wont sell quick enough, but the more I read that God is watching over us and preparing a road for us and that our hands are in His ,then I start feeling better. Its like the power of positive speaking.The more I say ,"I believe in Gods timing and that everything will come right",the more I believe it.Dos this sound strange?

How do others cope and keep their wits about them?I would love to know.Maye you have some coping skills.This has been by far the most stressful part of this whole emigration thing.The visa application and IELTS were a walk in the park. Maybe God is trying to teach me coping and patience skills.

I hope I dont sound contradictory,but at times I am coping and at other times I am secretly stressing.

Au3 maybe you can give us more info in another thread about your auction.

So glad 4 yeh.

God is realy good.Just shows you that we can not be with out him we do need him in our lives :ilikeit:

Good luck with the rest off your planning.

Urs.

Hi

I know just how you feel. The closer I move with God, the more peace I experience.

Sometime ago I started writing down all the scriptures that I felt God gave to me. I had had everything written in a journal, but as I read through my yournal for engouragement, I felt the need to write down all the scriptures on a separate paper. I was so good to see all Gods promises right from the start up and till now.

So when I feel a bit despondend, I grab that paper and read God's promises, it is an instant lift. But at the same time a must say my journal works wonderful. For me it is like talking to God, when I am up or when I am down. It is cheaper than phoning my mom and I know I will feel better. By writing in my journal it kinda directs my thoughts and I write down whatever comes to mind. Sometimes before I know it I wrote a couple of pages and I pray and i feel charged.

But someone else said this whole proses feels like a rollercoaster ride. So true, so much more reason to stay connected to the VINE. I also believe that way God can direct your steps and help you make the right decisions. I think God has a wonderful way of keeping the communication lines open and the issues of today in a great way prepares us for the worries of tomorrow.

Well that is how I deal with all the stress of relocating, and this is only the beginning, when we get to Australia the real challenges start. And only God can help us through. Is it James that says not to worry about the trails, they only make us stronger.

Cheers

And HE never stops blessing us!!! Thru the whole application and migration and settling process God has blessed us ABUNDANTLY!!!!

If I had to start telling you all the forum will go in overspace again!!!

Just a little titbit that happened last Thursday: So we were blessed with a Jeep Cherokee (a long story for another time) and about two months ago there was this little rattle that became a little worse, so hubby looked under the car and said it was a plate in the muffler that was loose we'll have to have it seen to. Wel you guessed it, it hasn't been seen to, well not until last week. This after a trip to NSW and Bellbrook and 1000 k's at least. Now it's makin a terrible noise and sounds as if there's a hole in the exhaust, the stainless steel exhaust.

No worries, get hold of a company in Brissie, South African guy answers the phone!! Yoo hoo!!!! Get there he lifts the car up on this lift thiny, bumps here rattles there and says this is gonna cost us to replace the whole system, mega bucks. The converter has disintegrated on the inside and allthe metal plates have now gone into the muffler so the whole thing is broken!!!

Me thinking quietly in my head: I don't think God will allow this to happen as He gave us this blessing and He doesn't give shoddy blessings! But I go with the flow.

The Saffer goes to his books looking for the correct part nr's etc etc. His mechanic walks in from lunch, he says wait, he'll have a look see. I go todeloo get back have to walk past the car, mechanic guy's standing under the car tightening bolts!!?? I ask him why's he tightening bolts, he say's we don't need to replace anything as it was these two bolts on the manifold that was loose and thats it!!

Guess how much? Nothing, nada for free and Mahala!!!

THANK YOU LORD OF LORDS!!!!!!!!

And the blessings continue.

AMEN.

Great testimony Nilo!!! God is good. Ek hou aan die volgende vers vas in die tye van wag, onsekerheid........Rom 8:28 Ons weet dat God alles ten goede laat meewerk vir die wat Hom liefhet...

Liefde

Vlam

Hierdie is my gunsteling vers en dra dit my hele lewe saam met my.Het vir my baie betekenis en werk vir my.

MARKUS 11:24

Baie waar

Urs

Over this period of getting ready to move there has been so many verses special and encouraging to me, but one that really stands out for me is: Exodus 23:20 See I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on your way and to bring you to the place I have prepared for you.

You see when we give our plans over to God He makes straight our way. The problem is that the longer we hold on to our plans, the less chance God has to do anything about it. In Phil 4:6,7 Paul said: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. AND THEN the peace of God, which trancends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

In my experience, when I still stress about something or is anxious, then I haven't genuinly prayed about it or wholeheartedly given the sittuation over to God. Don't stopping praying about your problems until you experience this supernatural peace about your situation. It is only when you have peace about it, when you stop asking yourself, what, why and what if, then only have you given control over to God and before you know it your circumstance changes.

I will stop preaching now. Just remember God loves us and His plans for us are perfect.

This has been so encouraging. I am so tired (didn't sleep much), so I feel a bit "under the weather" today. I have not been spending enough time with God lately and I realise how wrong that is. He is our strenght and so far we have really been blessed. He is there and he is holding my hand through this whole process.

Dit was nou die opbouendste leeswerk wat ek lanklaas gedoen het. Baie dankie vir almal se insette en versies.

Is al self 'n paar keer baie moedeloos gewees. Ons het Januarie 2008 finaal besluit om na Oz te gaan. Ons huis is nou al vanaf Januarie in die mark, baie kom kyk, maar nog nie eens een offer nie.

Bly om te weet ons is nie alleen in hierdie bootjie nie.

Dankie net weer vir almal wat my net weer herinner het om my oë op God te hou, Hy bly in beheer en weet wanneer dinge moet gebeur al verstaan ons nie. Ons is baie ongeduldig om Australie toe te gaan, maar het al geleer om te wag op God se plan.

Leke dag

Alla

Edited by Alla

Over this period of getting ready to move there has been so many verses special and encouraging to me, but one that really stands out for me is: Exodus 23:20 See I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on your way and to bring you to the place I have prepared for you.

You see when we give our plans over to God He makes straight our way. The problem is that the longer we hold on to our plans, the less chance God has to do anything about it. In Phil 4:6,7 Paul said: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. AND THEN the peace of God, which trancends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

In my experience, when I still stress about something or is anxious, then I haven't genuinly prayed about it or wholeheartedly given the sittuation over to God. Don't stopping praying about your problems until you experience this supernatural peace about your situation. It is only when you have peace about it, when you stop asking yourself, what, why and what if, then only have you given control over to God and before you know it your circumstance changes.

I will stop preaching now. Just remember God loves us and His plans for us are perfect.

Hi there,

On Sunday one of the girls from our cell group gave me a word that she felt was specifically for us as a family.The verse was Ex 23:20"See I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on your way and to bring you to the place I have prepared for you".Now this is after I had read a few specific verses in my quite time in the last week...one of them was ......Genesis24:7 ...The Lord will send an angel before you...Coincidence--- I dont think soo.

This thread has been a great encouragement.Thanx

eileen

God Bless

Edited by owenss

Guest CAPETOWNCA

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. And God that gives peace, will be with you.

Imagine this . . .

You are in your car driving home. Thoughts wander to the game you want to see or meal you want to eat, when suddenly a sound unlike any you've ever heard fills the air. The sound is high above you. A trumpet? A choir? A choir of trumpets? You don't know, but you want to know. So you pull over, get out of your car, and look up. As you do, you see you aren't the only curious one. The roadside has become a parking lot. Car doors are open, and people are staring at the sky. Shoppers are racing out of the grocery store. The Little League baseball game across the street has come to a halt. Players and parents are searching the clouds. And what they see, and what you see, has never before been seen.

As if the sky were a curtain, the drapes of the atmosphere part. A brilliant light spills onto the earth. There are no shadows. None.

>From every hue ever seen and a million more never seen. Riding on the flow is an endless fleet of angels. They pass through the curtains one myriad at a time, until they occupy every square inch of the sky.

North. South. East. West.

Thousands of silvery wings rise and fall in unison, and over the sound of the trumpets, you can hear the cherubim and seraphim chanting, Holy, holy, holy. The final flank of angels is followed by twenty-four silver-bearded elders and a multitude of souls who join the angels in worship.

Presently the movement stops and the trumpets are silent, leaving only the triumphant triplet: Holy, holy, holy. Between each word is a pause. With each word, a profound reverence. You hear your voice join in the chorus. You don't know why you say the words, but you know you must.

Suddenly, the heavens are quiet. All is quiet. The angels turn, you turn, the entire world turns and there He is. Jesus.

Through waves of light you see the silhouetted figure of Christ the King. He is atop a great stallion, and the stallion is atop a billowing cloud. He opens his mouth, and you are surrounded by his declaration:

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

The angels bow their heads. The elders remove their crowns. And before you is a Figure so consuming that you know, instantly you know: Nothing else matters. Forget stock markets and school reports. Sales meetings and football games. Nothing is newsworthy.. All that mattered, matters no more.... for Christ has come!

Are you ready . . . ?!

Makes you think – doesn’t it?