Probiotics in Australia?

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

My husband just got a prescription for antibiotics and we always use probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus) when using antibiotics. In SA we mostly used Lp299v, but I can't seem to find anything similar in Australia… :blink: Can anyone give me a direction or a suggestion for a replacement?

I really hope that someone can help… :unsure:

Have a great weekend ;) !

Lovies, Pippa! X

Guest natalie3

I know the specific "good" bacteria that is in that probiotic is the most common one..why dont u ask a dischem-type place in oz about it?..just check the ingredients on the bottles..it might have other bacteria as well...but thats fine...

Let him eat joghurt, it will also replace all the good bacteria.

Hi Pippa

We are using IBS Support. It is the 299v you are talking about. You acn buy them at your local pharmacy ( in the fridge) here in WA. If you have trouble finding them near you have a look at the web. www.ethicalnutrients.com.au They cost about $30 for 30 capsules. Their adress is in Qld so I'm sure you will find them there.

Wendy

Pippa

We use GNLD Nutritionals Acidophilus plus recommended by my doc. I just buy it from the doc. 60 capsules per bottle If you google the brand name you will find a rep that sells it. Been very happy with their product range and quality so far, we use heaps of them. The address at the back of the bottle says Golden Neo – Life Diamite International Pty Ltd 8 Nealdon Drive Loganlea QLD 4131 Australia