The good old "Noodhulptassie"

5vannemerwea

Hi there

Does anyone knows if it is allowed to take the trustworthy noodhulptassie along? Is it allowed as handbaggadge? How much is allowed. Whith kids in the surround something like panado syrup (or a hammer :rolleyes: ), germoline and, you know, the normal baby medicine and stuff is always handy to have nearby.

Can we take something on the plane as well since we would be traveling with one ACTIVE 3.5 year old boy and one 3 months old lady?

Information would be appreciated.

Regards

Martin

I was wondering about the same thing? Here in RSA I can buy my kids flu medicine over the counter. Will I be able to do that in Oz, or are they very strict about Schedule 2 medicines?

Hi there

Does anyone knows if it is allowed to take the trustworthy noodhulptassie along? Is it allowed as handbaggadge? How much is allowed. Whith kids in the surround something like panado syrup (or a hammer :blush: ), germoline and, you know, the normal baby medicine and stuff is always handy to have nearby.

Can we take something on the plane as well since we would be traveling with one ACTIVE 3.5 year old boy and one 3 months old lady?

Information would be appreciated.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin

I also have a very active 3 year old, and had the same questions as you more or less. Can't seem to find that specific thread about the medicines now, but from what I remember reading, I understand that you can take medicines with you, about 3 months supply seems to be in order. Keep scripts with you in your handbag for the medicines that need scripts, i.e schedule 2 and over (I think) and your are allowed to take medicines in your handbaggage. Just remember to DECLARE everything. This seems to be the most important thing not to forget. Hope this helps.

ILze

Hi there

From what I've heard, it is best to get a prescription for everything you want to take with, even over the counter medication. I have just been to the doctor last week to get a script for everything I want to take, and now I'm sorted. I think you just have to declare it at customs, and then you're OK.

Hope that helps

Tania

Hi Martin

Ek het baie ekstra medisyne gaan koop (so by the way ons krat is gister weg en die visa ook gister goedgekeur) met die idee om dit in die krat te sit. NIEMAND kon my sê of ek dit mag vat of nie. In elk geval toe hulle pak, sê hulle nee, dit kan nie saam nie. Ek dink die goedjies wat julle het (is seker soos in ons geval) heelwat meer as wat mens in jou handbagasie sou wou saamvat (dis mos juis "ekstras").

Al my medisyne is OTC goed, behalwe voorskrif voorbehoedmiddels waarvan die apteek vir my 'n afskrif gemaak het. Ek gaan om veilig te speel maar voorskrifte kry vir al die OTC goed. Ek dink daaraan om net die noodsaaklike in my handbagasie te sit en die ander in ons tasse, almal met die nodige voorskrifte by indien hulle dan die tasse sou wou oopmaak.

My man het in 2006 in Aus gewerk en baie heen-en-weer getravel, die basiese medisyne in sy tas gegooi (sonder enige voorskrifte) en nooit 'n haan daaroor hoor kraai nie.

Ek weet nie wat dink die ander forumites nie??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi the Die Krugers

We are also at the same point almost as you and my husband is a millwright. Any luck with job offers so far?

We have submitted PR application

He has his TRA

Now WAITING.

Georgie 1

Hi Martin

Ek het baie ekstra medisyne gaan koop (so by the way ons krat is gister weg en die visa ook gister goedgekeur) met die idee om dit in die krat te sit. NIEMAND kon my sê of ek dit mag vat of nie. In elk geval toe hulle pak, sê hulle nee, dit kan nie saam nie.

Hi Alibaba

Ek het net gewonder oor die medisyne wat hul vir jou gese het jy nie in die krat mag sit nie, was dit soos disprins en grandpa's, vicks en panado's ook. Ek het gedink om ekstra van dit vir die container te los vir inpak. Sal nie soos bottels stroop medisyne en so aan vir container pak los nie. Sal bly wees as jy kan se of hul absoluut geen medisyne hoegenaamd toelaat om in die container te sit nie.

Baie dankie, ILze