GST exemption for VETASSESS

Pafo

Hi All!!

A couple of days ago I had received my VETASSESS application form to send my degree over to be assessed. I read all the relevant information regarding payment for this service, what is a GST exemption and do I qualify? According to the info VETASSESS has sent me it states that if my address of correspondence is my overseas address, then they will accept this as proof for exemption or would I have to send an Australian Statutory Declaration by someone who has the authority to do so i.e doctor, dentist, that I'm not living in Australia at the time of lodging my application. Another aspect regarding the lodging of my transcripts is that they would have to be certified as true copies of the original, and I undrstand that only a person of authority can do this. Can my registrar at my college certify my documents or my doctor, or a teacher?

Yours gratefully

Pafo

Hi Pafo

GST exemption means that if VETASSESS delivers a service to somebody outside of Oz (like yourself) they are not obliged to charge General Sales Tax (on goods & services). VETASSESS will not levy the GST on their fee based on your address - you don't need an Australian Statutory Declaration.

Wrt certification of documents - normally any local person authorised to do so (ito local legislation) would be accepted by Oz authorities.

Dear Pafo,

I've used the attached Affidavit Template as a declaration that I am still in South Africa. I then got it signed by a Commissioner of Oaths. I've heard that they no longer accept signed declarations / affidavits signed by the South African Police Service. I don't know how true this is, but I would suggest that rather get it signed by an attorney / bank official.

Good luck!

Pippa

<_<

Affidavit_Template.pdf

Dear Pafo,

I've used the attached Affidavit Template as a declaration that I am still in South Africa. I then got it signed by a Commissioner of Oaths. I've heard that they no longer accept signed declarations / affidavits signed by the South African Police Service. I don't know how true this is, but I would suggest that rather get it signed by an attorney / bank official.

Good luck!

Pippa

:rolleyes:

Dear All!!

Thank you all for your advice and the information!

Regards

Pafo

Dear All!!

Thank you all for your advice and the information!

Regards

Pafo

Only a pleasure Pafo. Good luck with your application!

Pippa

:hug: