Chris: Dagsê dagsê; Maak vir ons plek op die wa

Chris

:) Just want to say hi to all you lovely people. My wife and I want to migrate to Australia. We're looking towards Perth as my wife's sister & hubby are already settled over there. I believe that it would be much easier to get over blues if you have friends and families close to you. My wife never ever moved more than one room in the house to another. She's still living in the house she grew up in. We haven't logged anything yet but we got our birth certificates after more than 6 months.

I believe that from here on things will get on track much easier and faster. Does anyone know how the skills assessment process works? For those that's still deciding on what to do or that want to use an agent Easylanding Australia will presents two seminars on the 16th September 2006. I got this info from my brother-in-law in Perth. I want to listen to what their service will be, because I believe the more info you have the better you'll be prepared. Mail me if you want to know more about it. We haven't decided yet if we want to work through an agent or not.

Thanks for this website, it's worth a million.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you find lots of info here. It will be easier if your wife has a shoulder to cry on when she feels life gets too much. The thing with most people is that they identify themselves with their surroundings, and find it hard to be themselves when they are torn away from everything they know. As it seems you are aware of this, I'm sure both of you will go into the process with your eyes wide open. :)

Greetings,

Dreamy

Thanks Dreamy, as you say we are aware of that and she also know that if we go there wouldn’t be a comeback. This is just not an option. I’ll get her to register on the forum as well. I believe she’ll also have a lot of questions to ask to the forum. I do find a lot of support on this site.

Welcome Chris, I got off the wa a while ago, so there is space for a few more now!

You are very wise, it is simply great to have family or old friends close by, I do believe it makes the hole process much easier!

Mara

We'll all be there for both of you!

Greetings,

Dreamy

"Easylanding Australia" - Is daar 'n sagte landing ooit hier?

Alle sterkte Chris!

Hi Chris,

Hier is hope plek op die wa! Sterkte met als wat gedoen moet word. Ons bly heerlik in Perth en is seker julle sal ook. My move to Perth was also my first move out of Pretoria. I lived in the same house for 25 years then moved into a flat on my own for a few months and then into a house when I got married. next move was to Perth! And I survived this whole ordeal with no big issues.

Edited by Michelle