Security qualification

Dave & Caryn

I currently run a security installation and maintenance company in JHB. Wanting to know what courses are required to apply my trade in Adelaide. ETA 18months, can I do anythingto prep myself before I get there and start applying for work?

Security Instalations ie alams CCtv etc is not a recognised trade in Australia. You have to get your " wire mans "licence etc in Oz.

Good luck, this proffessionis due for trade recognition sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...

In WA they usually require Security tech’s to be a qualified electrician with a WA A Grade electrical license and preferable an Austel open cable license. I would assume that it’s the same in other states.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
I currently run a security installation and maintenance company in JHB. Wanting to know what courses are required to apply my trade in Adelaide. ETA 18months, can I do anythingto prep myself before I get there and start applying for work?

My hubbie also does the same here in Randburg Jo'burg....we were thinking of applying under LOCKSMITH??? which is on the SOL.? Have you started the application? any info you have picked up would be appreciated.

Also i am trying to find out how to have the skills assessment done, but not much info for installation technicians?

Usually when they refer to security technicians in Australia the mean people who install alarm systems, automatic security doors and security cameras. Security doors (not automated) would lean towards locksmiths, but it can be seen as a security tach by some employers.