Hello from the Lithgow family

Impatient

Hello all

My name is Melissa and hubby's name is Travis. We have two beautiful little boys, Connor (6) and Evan (almost 2) and we live in Boksburg.

We started the whole immigration process in 2001, even paying a consultant, but with day-to-day life happening and seeing to a little baby, we lost focus. I suppose we were also hoping that things would get better here and that we wouldn't need to leave our country. Needless to say, this has not happened and we are going full steam ahead with immigrating.

We have just received our results from the IELTS tests today and all is set to lodge in about 8 weeks after we receive the kids' passports. Travis will be going over to Melbourne and Perth in June for a look-see and also to make contact with a couple of emploment agents. Let's hope some sort of job offer comes from this!

My whole reason for joining this forum was to ease any doubts I still had about giving up the stable life that we have here and uprooting my kids. Since reading everyone's stories and comments I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO AUS! I can't thank you all enough. :ilikeit:

Mel

Good luck with everything. :ilikeit: And congrats with the IELTS! We write in Aug.......waiting game.....

Greetings

Vlam

Lithgow Family

Welcome and congratulations, atleast you have the much feared IELTS Done and dusted! :ilikeit:

Enjoy this lovely forum

Stranded

Hi there Melissa,

Welcome to the forum, and I agree with you - the answers and energy available here are just what one needs to get through the process. Or, at least, that's what I am counting on!

In a way, you have just practised for this visa application before in 2001, and I hope that things will now go well and very smoothly for you this time.

All of the best,

TereMel

Hi Mel and welcome to the Forum!

I'm so jealous you have the dreaded IELTS over and done with. We're doing ours in July.

I take it you're going over on a sponsored visa. What work does you hubby do?

All the best for your application!!!

Michele

HI Mel

Welcome! You will love it here. It's addicting.

Enjoy

Wendy

Hello and welcome!

I must ask, Mel, when did you take the IELTS test? I imagine that, given your location and the fact that you got your results today, it might have been the academic test on the 13th of March, or perhaps you wrote somewhere else? If it was the 13th of March, did you receive your results in the post?

All the best with the process,

Mark

Hi Tobold

We took our test on the 8th of March in Braamfontein. I'm quite impatient so I phoned the British Council on Monday and they gave me the tracking numbers for the results. Luckily it arrived at our post office that same morning!

All the best for you too!

Hi Michele

I have to admit, the IELTS was a breeze. We didn't prepare at all and still managed to score 8.5! I was petrified when we walked into the examination room.

We're going on a 175 - Skilled Migration visa. Hubby is in IT - Programe manager, developer etc. He'll be going to Perth and Melbourne in June for a look see and also to meet with a couple of agents - hopefully something good will come of it!!

How far are you in the process?

Mel