Intoducing myself

Jitterbug

Hi everyone

I joined a few weeks ago and just realized that im supposed to introduce myself to the forum..sorry......so here goes

My name is Antoinette, Im a student at Cape Peninsula University of Technology doing my masters in biomedical technology.

my husband is Kiril, he is an architect for 3 years now. Im South African but Kiril is Bulgarian with a South African PR. We got married just over 2 years ago. newly weds and young, no children yet. ( there is no way im going to have a baby here!)

We decided to move to Sydney, Australia in February 2008 for many reasons - such as the crime, the state of the government, lack of public transport, etc, but mainly because its just about impossible for me to get a decent job here and we want to be able to look after our parents and give our future children a chance. And also because Australia is the leader when it comes to sustainable architecture (Kiril is very interested in learning from them :ilikeit:

so far we have set up a savings plan to make enough money to make the move within 2 years. so if we can save up more than our budgeted amount for each month, we can move sooner.

we plan to send in our application by the end of this year. we are applying for the skilled independent visa with MODL with Kiril the applicant and me the secondary.

i should be finishing my degree this year should nothing catastrophic happen to my project. I am very excited about all the job opportunities for scientists in Sydney. :ilikeit: there are so many research institutions and so many jobs advertised every week. (you are lucky if you see one ad a month been advertised in South Africa).

so, thats us :whome:

Welcome to the forum! :ilikeit:

Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys!

Antoinette & Kiril,

Most welcome,

We are also still waiting for our visas, & are much much older than you in years, but I want to encourage you guys & just say this - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 IT A.S.A.P.

May your studies go well & hoping to meet you 4 a real Aussie barbeque in the future

Greetings,

Benita

Welcome. Also heading for Sydney.

Hi everyone

I joined a few weeks ago and just realized that im supposed to introduce myself to the forum..sorry......so here goes

My name is Antoinette, Im a student at Cape Peninsula University of Technology doing my masters in biomedical technology.

my husband is Kiril, he is an architect for 3 years now. Im South African but Kiril is Bulgarian with a South African PR. We got married just over 2 years ago. newly weds and young, no children yet. ( there is no way im going to have a baby here!)

We decided to move to Sydney, Australia in February 2008 for many reasons - such as the crime, the state of the government, lack of public transport, etc, but mainly because its just about impossible for me to get a decent job here and we want to be able to look after our parents and give our future children a chance. And also because Australia is the leader when it comes to sustainable architecture (Kiril is very interested in learning from them :ilikeit:

so far we have set up a savings plan to make enough money to make the move within 2 years. so if we can save up more than our budgeted amount for each month, we can move sooner.

we plan to send in our application by the end of this year. we are applying for the skilled independent visa with MODL with Kiril the applicant and me the secondary.

i should be finishing my degree this year should nothing catastrophic happen to my project. I am very excited about all the job opportunities for scientists in Sydney. :) there are so many research institutions and so many jobs advertised every week. (you are lucky if you see one ad a month been advertised in South Africa).

so, thats us :ilikeit:

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum, you will find lot's of answers here, since you're going to have LOTS of questions!

Good luck!

Hi apetrova,

And welcome to both of you!

Here's hoping that the forum can help you out with answers and support at every step that you need it. In the meanwhile, all of the best with your M (yes, finishing it in 2008 will be a real priority for you!) and with your savings.

Try to work out a time-line of things you need to get done, and then work backwards and get started on booking dates / applying, etc. Book yourselves an IELTS English test date ASAP, for instance.

At least you two will be in nice, highly qualified, appreciated professions in terms of being attractive migrants to the DIAC, and may get a visa quicker with Kiril's MODL.

Oh, yes, also visit the immi.gov Australia site all you can in order to learn about the process!

Cheers,

TereMel