Andre & Liz...Hi

No Worries Mate

Hi everyone

I also did not know about introducing oneself in the forum. Sorry about that.

My name is Andre and my better half is Liz. We have 2 kids of 21 and 17. We currently live in Cape Town. We have submitted our skilled visa application subclass 136 in June 2007 and are in the final stages ....we hope! We wish to move to Sydney.

Our reasons are to enable our kids to a fair future, to avoid crime and we are also quite excited about the adventure of it all.

Looks like a great forum to gaet information....so thanks for that!

Andre

Welkom... Ek is ook nog nuut hier.

Maar die forum help mens baie!

Hoop julle kom vinnig in sydney aan. EK het nog nie eers met die proses begin nie :-)

Lekker lees :)

Welcome!

We are also in the final stages... now just waiting for that all important granting letter.

Sydney will also be our new base, where exactly do you think you will stay? Any specific reason for choosing Sydney?

Have a great weekend :)

Hi

Thanks. Well we went over to Aus to have a look (I had been once before) and we fell in love with the beaty of Sydney. We also went to Melbourne and also liked it there. Will have to see where I get a job though to decide finally on a suburb.

I have some Aussie friends (real ones....no SA ones) that live up north of Sydney near Gosford. We quite like the area and houses are cheaper there.

And what are your reasons for choosing Sydney? Do you have a job yet?

Andre

Liz, en Andre, sterkte met die laaste skof. Wens ons was al daar........

Hi

Thanks. Well we went over to Aus to have a look (I had been once before) and we fell in love with the beaty of Sydney. We also went to Melbourne and also liked it there. Will have to see where I get a job though to decide finally on a suburb.

I have some Aussie friends (real ones....no SA ones) that live up north of Sydney near Gosford. We quite like the area and houses are cheaper there.

And what are your reasons for choosing Sydney? Do you have a job yet?

Andre

My fiance is an Aussie, so guess I am following my heart! :wub:

We will be relocating to Sutherland area as that is where he used to live. Don't have a job yet and it seems that it is going to be quite difficult for me to find a job. I am a high school English teacher and teaching jobs in NSW are ''controlled'' by the NSW Dept of Education, first I need teaching accreditation - in SA this would take about 2 - 4 weeks, but because they have to check my references, visa, criminal history etc. it is probably going to be about 6 - 12 months. A daunting prospect, but I've started looking at other possible jobs and Mr T has assured me that we will be fine. Not sure if it is because of the generaly Aussie laid back attitute or if we really will be fine! ;)

Finding a job won't be a problem, finding the right job, now that is a bit more tricky!

How do your children feel about the move?

Hi Julle

Baie welkom op die forum en strekte met julle planne.

Wendy

Welcome Andre and Liza. Good Luck with the move and your future in Sydney.

regards

Enrica

Halo en baie welkom op die forum.

Hoop jul kry al die hulp wat jul nodig.Lekker om te sien die Kaapenaars raak bietjie meer na die kant toe van Oz ;)

Sterkte en hoop als val sommer gou in plek vir julle.

Groete Urs