Chronic Medication

No Worries Mate

Hi

Does anyone know if chronic medication such as for blood pressure is covered by Medicare. We have applied for a skilled Visa subclass 136.

Must you go see a doctor as soon as you get there to get a repeat prescription for 6 months??

If not how does this work?

Andre

Edited by Andre & Liz

If you are on a 136 visa (permant Residentce) you medication is on the PBS Scheme, what that means it is subsidised, but you still pay.

Normall you see you Doctor every 6 months and get a repeat script for Blood Pressure tablets after he /she has given ayou a check up.

Thanks Enrica

Do you have any idea how subsidised the medication is?

Andre

Hi Andre,

I think it may differ depending on the medication, but check out the Medicare website (www.medicare.gov.au) and have a look through - there is plenty of information available there.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi

I am not to sure by how much, but my husband pays around $45.00 per month to fill his scipt for Lipator and his blood pressure medication (combined)

Hi Andre,

I am not on medicare and pay for my own medicine. I use micardus + and norten and it works me out about $15 for Micardus and $22 for Norten. I would not worry about it being to expensive as most of the medicine in the pharmacies are already subsidised.

Regards,

WoO

(this will be in Victoria, do not know if it is different in other states)