Sulona: hello forum!

Sulona

Hi everybody,

We are in the proses of applying for our visas and we hope to reach Perth by February 2007.

My husband is an electrician and I am an attorney, but I'm planing on becomming a full time mommy for our dauter of 4 Months. (Will see how things are once we arrived in Perth).

At first we thought of doing a LSD trip, but then decided against it, still not sure it was the right conclusion....

Must conves that I am rather nervous about the move, but at the same time I can't wait to get there!!!!!!

But first things first, we need to get our visas, so we're taking it one day at a time and hope for the best.

The Lomax family

Roy, Sulona and Ariana

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi there Lomax family,

Welcome to our forum. I am sure you have made the right decision and hope you will enjoy being a work-your-buns-off stay-at-home-mom. The number of forumites in Perth is growing fast and I am sure you will get to know them all better at one of their fab coffee meetings. Good luck with the process and please let us know how we can help.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

Love

SS

:ilikeit:

Hi SS,

Thanks for the welcome note, if any one know of a magic way to get to Oz, please tell me, I feel rather overwhelmed by all the admin, especially with my husbands trade assessment. I here the TRA are really fussy over the smallest of detail. :offtopic:

But I believe we will get it done.

Sulona

Hi SS,

Thanks for the welcome note, if any one know of a magic way to get to Oz, please tell me, I feel rather overwhelmed by all the admin, especially with my husbands trade assessment. I here the TRA are really fussy over the smallest of detail. :offtopic:

But I believe we will get it done.

Sulona

Sulona, my dad just went to http://www.seek.com.au and they have a huge job listing over there. He then just applied to all jobs that were in his career path. It took about 2 years for someone to bite, but people at my dads work applied there and 2 weeks later were getting ready to pack, it is the luck of the draw really. :oops:

Now that we have a company sponsoring us (they have also sponsored many people before) they are handling pretty much everything, they just requested some details and scans of qualifications, then they take care of the rest. They even allowed us to have direct contact with the migration agent so that things can happen faster. :D

The migration agent is lodging the application tomorrow or friday, and she expects it to take about 1-2 weeks for approval because the documentation is complete.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sulona (and the rest of the Lomax gang)

Welcome!

You're right - it is a scary decision - but a brave move :offtopic: And, in my humble opinion, the best thing that you can do for your family and especially your daughter!

Lots of people here have experience on the TRA stuff, so try run a search and see what pops up. Otherwise, feel free to post any questions you have - or even just ask for support when you're feeling overwhelmed. We've all done it!

Lots of love and luck

Ajay

Shawny

Thanks for the web address. I think I need to start promoting my husband (now I sound like a pimp). He is not very good with anything remotely relating to paper work (this includes applaying for jobs via the internet so the admin comes down to me, and I get the idea the best thing to do is to scatter your CV all over the internet and hope somebody picks it up. :)

Sulona

It is a pleasure Sulona. :whome:

But like my dad did, don't restrict your applications to only one place. Apply for jobs all over the place in Australia. Our biggest mistake was to only apply for jobs in one small region, it could take ages to get a job that way. After my dad applied for jobs all over Aus, we got many replies, and then this one came along (the one we are leaving for).

So your view of spreading your husbands' CV all over the place is the best strategy.

Cheers :)

Hi Saluna,

Welcome to our forum. You have come to the right place for help, advice and support. Look like you have had some of this already.

Luckily for you guys electricians are in huge demand over here, and you shouldn't have difficulties getting in and getting a job.

Seeing that you guys are not planning a LSD, do you mind sharing your choice of city, i.e. Perth?

Cheers

C'BUG

Hi Chatterbur

Yes we're not planning on taking an LSD trip. Don't think it would make a difference in our choice to make the big move. <_<

Well we chose Perth purely for the fact that my husband's uncle lives there and like everybody say it helps to have someone nearby. Although we would like to make the move to Perth we are open to all possibilities and if an opportunity presents it self somewhere ells we won't turn a blind eye on it.

There are no guarantees in life so we keep our ears, eyes and minds open to make sure we don't miss anything and believe that no matter were we settle it will be the right place for us.

Sulona

Hi Sulona,

My husband and I are very happily living in Perth. We are youngish and we have no kids yet. Each bit of admin that we had to suffer through was worth it in the end. Just stick to the forum, people around here are very helpful. Also I agree it is good to have family around. My uncle and cousins are all living here and I can not imagine how this would have been if they weren't around!

Hi Sulona,

It's good to be open minded about these things, but I agree to use Perth as a starting point because you have family over there sounds like a sensible thing to do! I hear Perth is a Lekker place so you might as well just settle there! Good luck with it all.

Chatterbur ( that's a new one! - BUR hehe!)