Seoul Sister: Hi there from the Far East

Guest Seoul Sister

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi there everyone.

We left South Africa 8 years ago for the adventure of a lifetime. Lived in the Netherlands for 5 and a bit years, went East in search of a bit more sun and ended up in Seoul, South Korea with a few interesting stops along the way. My hubby has an IT consultancy firm with offices in the Benelux, Australia and the USA and we are currently deciding between moving to Oz or the US. We will be moving in the middle of the year (at the end of the Korean school year) visa permitting. I have two boys, 6 and 4 years old and they were both born in Holland.

I have been spending some time on another forum, where I had the opportunity to meet some fantastic people and learn some interesting things. I am really looking forward to continuing what we have already started, in this new environment where I can just be myself and leave the 007 instincts at the door. :)

If it's general questions on expat living or immigration you want answered, I'm your gal. I also have experience in research on the internet, so if I can help, please don't be shy to ask.

*phew* Ok, now that the formal introductions are over, I'm taking off my shoes *fling over shoulder* and flopping down on the couch. Hang on, first pouring a quick little martini (better stay away from the wine until I have completed the wine101 course we've been planning).. Ok, and now I am flopping down, next to my good friend Caroline, feet on the table....

See ya in chit chat, let the fun begin !! :huh:

Love from Korea

Seoul Sister

<_<

My Sister.... you have arrived you beautiful thing :):(

Soooo happy to have you here with us. (But I knew that you wouldn't stay away :huh: ).

Things got a bit nasty there on 'the other' side don't you think <_< . Well, personally I think that this forum will be more fun.

EVERYBODY, please welcome our Seoul Sister.....

:(:D:D:D

Hi there :huh:

Glad to see you here on this forum. It seems far more civilised over here don't you think? The latest round of insults on the "other side" were just too much so it's great to see everyone moving over here <_<

Julie

Welcome Seoul Sister <_< Good to have you and the Durbs lady here with us again! I look forward to reading regular postings from both of you - in your own inimitable fashions :huh: Keep the stories rolling!

Hi Seoul Sister. I'm chiming in from upstate New York in the good ol' US of A. I see you're currently deciding between Oz and the US. If you have any questions about coming to the USA, then feel free to hop on over to the "sister" site sausa.org. We're a helpful bunch. :D

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi everyone, B)

Thanks for the kind Hello's, I am glad to be here ! :P

Hi Jerseygirl,

Oh wow, thanks that is SO kind of you ! I will definitely take you up on that, since we are having a really hard time deciding where to go ! Hub's job isn't forcing us to live in one specific place, we just need to be close to a big airport, since he will be travelling a lot for the first 18 months... So, it's a bit of a problem ! :o Texas and Florida have been in the back of our minds because of the income tax, but then hubs was in Miami last week and upon return said, ok, I think we should move to New York !! :D We have checked out SO many places and have been up and down and up and down the same old roads over and over... It's boring by now... I have already registered as Blondi on the site, thanks for reminding me, and I will definitely go to some real effort this week to go and dig up some useful info.

Thanks for the invite, what a fantastic way to start !! :P

Love from the other side of the world

Seoul Sister/ Blondi

:)

Hi again, Seoul Sister aka Blondi! I saw your posts on SAUSA and didn't put it together... Thanks for letting me know your "dual" pseudonym status. :) I think your husband's comment is right on the money.

I would pick NY again in a heartbeat and can definitely recommend both the city and New York state as a great place to live. Of course, it has its good, bad and ugly. It's not for everyone, but I have felt "at home" in NY city and New York state from day one. The people are much warmer and friendlier than *anyone* give them credit for. My husband and I live about 4 hours' drive north west of Manhattan. Initially, we lived right on the Hudson River waterfront, with a magnificent view of downtown NY. I loved it, but it was just way too noisy for my husband, so we moved to a more rural area with all the amenities of a bigger city. No traffic, a quick daily commute, and great quality of life if you're into winter sports, kayaking, nature and culture.

If you have any specific questions about weather, transport, cost of living, taxes or whatever, don't hesitate to PM me.