Looking for a Employer Sponsored Visa

Estian

My name is Estian and I have been trying with little luck to get into Australia. I was accepted into a University there, however, I was unable to get a study loan. I would now like to go over to live and work and study part-time if possible but I am being told I cannot get a job unless I have a visa and I can't get a working visa unless I have a job! Can someone perhaps help me with information on any companies looking for apprentices and who are willing to help with an Employer Sponsored Visa?

Hi Estian

I think you may have a problem, mostly people coming over on a 457 visa (work visa) are well qualified already. I suggest you go to the members section, top right of this page, then type in the word 'customeyes' she is a registered migration agent who lives in Perth. She will be able to tell you if you would be able to be an apprentice on an Employer Spoonsored Visa.

Estian!

What sort of apprenticeship are you doing at the moment?

I hear that some companies are taking apprentices in their last year or so, to finish their trade off.

This was a government initiative from a couple of years ago, and Australian companies are still finding it hard to get enough apprentices to qualify in some trades.

Edited by Bob

Hi there how old are you? Don't you qualify for a working holiday visa I think they are valid for a year? Don't know if you are allowed to study when you go over on one but I assume that you will be.

I think it's best to ask a migration agent for assistance.

Good luck hope you find some more info.

Edited by Chantelle Dreyer