ex SAAF working for RAAF (need info)

Daryl

Hi to ALL

Unfortunitaly still in SA :king: but started with lateral recruitment to the Ausie Airforce. :hug:

I need info on this topic ANY info, We (family) have taken the final desiccion being extreamly positave to go, however there are altimately obscure details awaiting us.

If any can help me with this. reading through the extreamly easy lines of the SAAF it seems that the Ausie Airforce needs to think about a name change shortly as alot, ALOT of SAAF personel are leaving, thinking or bussy in contact with the RAAF.

The hardest thing for me to leave behind i think is leaving the only (I Believe) beutiful and "Ongerepte stukkie in SA" Bredasdorp (Although crime is moving in at a pace, slowly but moving) .

Daryl from the overberg. :whome:

Hi (as jy op jou eie pos antwoord dan weet jy, MAL of GAT VOL).

First time for me at an FORUM, protocols and writing manners must still be found for me. One thing i missed ( To eager to immegrate) is to let all know who and what i am so here goes.

Daryl married to Sankie (a lovely wife) with two Sons 9 & 11.

currently in the South African Airforce (Technician), working at TFDC at Bredasdorp (Overberg).

Fed up with the way the poeple in power think and react.

Any help is welcome as i need it ( Me and Family).

THNX

DARYL

ThanX

Im new How and what is PM (Lekker DOM)

Only ex-SAAF members I know of on the forum that is now in the RAAF is Carlos Carvalho. There are plenty other ex-SAAF guys in the RAAF however, and I agree with you that a lot more are on the way. The company I work for has eight ex-SAAF members, with another 2 SAAF guys on the way, and 6 civilian pilots too.

Best will be to speak to Carlos Carvalho regarding your questions - or otherwise you can PM me, and I'll give you the details of some of our friends (ex-Army personnel officers) that are going to RAAF Richmond outside Sydney.

The Royal Australian Air Force, the Australian Army and Royal Australian Navy poach servicemen due to leave or current ex-servicemen from Britain and New Zealand.

This has been going on for years.

It seems South Africans are being head hunted by the Aussies too, nowadays.

You'll see a number of old Australian servicemen, at Remembrance Day (11th Nov) and Anzac Day (25th April) from the War (1940s) and from the Malayan insurgency (1950s) that served alongside the Pommies, Kiwis, South Africans and Rhodesians in wartime in the same theatre of war, e.g. Battle of Britain, North Africa, Tobruk, El Alamein, Burma, Malaya, Borneo.

I reckon you'll find Australian servicemen quite interested in knowing you blokes, given the history of Australia's involvement in different parts of the world where you were also at the same time.

The only ones I know hear talked about are the Americans with some degree of "hesitation" to serve alongside, given Australia's involvement in the 60s and early 70s in Vietnam with them.

Edited by Bob

"Our People, Our Air Force, Our Future" :blush:

Viva :blush:

"Our People (W.. Excluded), Our Air Force ( 2 or less Pilots ??), Our Future ( when Black)"

Things are so good hear that the tip of the Airforce (Cheetha pilots) have a dificult desicion to make each time when they fly Namely " Whith which of the ten or so aircraft will i fly with today ??. i THINK THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE saaf AT THIS POINT THAT HAS A CHOICE.

Mu choice to get OUT as fast I can.

Daryl

Hi Bob

Rightly said the OZ military are loosing poeple and recruiting from ather ex-servicemen (my luck), what worries me is Why are they leaving? Can you shed light on this for me please. i whould like to know as to get ready for the future.

I heard a "Roumor" that they are leaving for the mines, is that so?

2nd At this point in time I veel that does not matter in which country I enrol as military personell (Except "Donker Afrika") it can only be beter (mutch better). :blush:

Daryl, as I understand it, defense jobs are only open to citizens. Something you might want to check out. However, even if that is the case I am sure that you will have no problem finding a sponsor in related and support industries.

Good luck.

Daryl, as I understand it, defense jobs are only open to citizens. Something you might want to check out. However, even if that is the case I am sure that you will have no problem finding a sponsor in related and support industries.

Good luck.

I have friends that will be joining the RAAF soon, they get PR straight away for joining the RAAF.