Hunting for Pronutro for my baby boy in Sydney

Tom

Hi all

Have been living in Randwick, Sydney for the past 3 years but haven't had the good fortune of stumbling across a "SA shop". I am tired of feeding my little boy (pic of us holidaying in Port Douglas recently attached) Weetbix for brekkie and long to give him and I some of the real stuff - Pronutro! Can anyone help by pointing me to a SA shop in Sydney - preferably in the Eastern suburbs or the city? Thanks very much, Tom

post-284-1153222815.jpg

There is a SA shop in Rockdale, nearest to the Eastern Suburbs. Unfortunately I don't know where it is situated as we used to buy at African Delights in Dural. Nowadays we order from Satooz. www.satooz.com.au or www.thesouthafricanshop.com.au

Regards

Madelein

Thank you Madelein, much appreciated. I will look for that shop or the 'net

Tom

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi Tom,

Ag, what a cute little guy !! I remember seeing Pronutro at Durban Dish in Baulkham Hills. I know this is probably out of the way for you, but maybe you could contact them and they could send it to you ? Or of course the ones Maddy has suggested will also work. Good luck !

Durban Dish

1/6 Old Northern Road

Baulkham Hills, 2153

Phone : 9639 3872

A/H : 9822 5172

Mobile : 0414 840 613

Email : durban_dish@yahoo.com.au

Love

SS

:ilikeit:

Also have a look at African Delights - they definitely have Pronutro! They are situated in Dural : Nr 5 Ward Place, Round Corner - on the corner of Old Northern Rd & Kenthurst Rd. (UBD Map Page 131 H13). Their Tel: 9651 7422

Or try Springbok Delights at 656 Mowbray Rd, Lane Cove. Their Tel nr: 94275168 They also have a website: www.springbokdelights.com.au

Thanks very much SS I have been meaning to get out that way to visit a friend, so maybe this is the extra incentive I needed! (of course there's plenty more yummy things to get besides just pronutro!)

Thanks Riekie, much appreciated, seems as though I will be well-stocked and my son will grow us big and strong!!

Thanks Riekie, much appreciated, seems as though I will be well-stocked and my son will grow us big and strong!!
.... like his daddy....!! :ilikeit:

• 5 weeks later...

Tom

You should pop into Stanley St Meat Markets 15 Stanley St St Ives 2075 (02) 9449 9242 they have heaps of South African products. Saw a number of boxes of different flavoured pronutro there today.

Hi there

If you ever travel to the north shore there is a wonderful butcher called Stanley Street Butcher and it is in Stanley Street in St Ives. We were there this morning and they had Ouma Rusks, Pronutro, Fizzers, Mrs Balls, Bobotie, Wors, Biltong, Tomoto Sauce Chips, Choc Log, Romany Creams, Zoo Biscuits etc.

Also Franklins might have they have South African Section where you can get marmite etc etc.

Good Luck

Hi Tom,

Hubs and I popped into Springbok Delights in Mowbray Road, Lane Cove on Saturday to get some dry wors. They have a good selection of all flavours of Pronutro (stomach cement I call it)!

SAS

I received my huge box of goodies from SATOOZ this arvo - full of delicious yummies and old time favourites from SA - including 4 boxes of Pronutro.... :):)

Noeks -

Just want to know - were there any jelly tots in the box of goodies??. It is real weird i have been having this need to eat jelly tots for a while now - must go to the local S.A shops and find some!!!!

Noeks -

Just want to know - were there any jelly tots in the box of goodies??. It is real weird i have been having this need to eat jelly tots for a while now - must go to the local S.A shops and find some!!!!

Yes, there were, but alas :huh: they're all gone... and there were Wilsons Toffo Cream Caramels, and Fritos, and Niknaks and Weigh Less Slim Slabs, and lots, lots more. Oh, it was like Christmas unpacking the box! :):)

Here's another place to find South African goodies - The SPAR in Bella Vista (Sydney Hills). They have Jelly Tots, Mieliemeel, Pronutro, Flings, Aromat, Monkeygland Sauce, Elizabeth Anne's, Zoo Biscuits, Camphor Cream, Koo Onion & Tomato mix, Mango Atchar etc. If they don't stock something, they'll try and get it for you and their prices are very competitive! :P (My spellchecker now really went bonkers!! Don't know all these strange words!! B):ilikeit: )

• 2 months later...

Thanks again all. For those who also live in Sydney's eastern suburbs, I found (through a south african I met at the beach) a little SA shop in Rose Bay (near Bondi Junction). Sells everything, including "fresh stuff" like boerewors, biltong etc. It's called Bianca's - 352 Old South Head Road.

Cheers, Tom

• 2 months later...

Hi Tom, there is a SPAR in Bella Vista, he stocks SA products, in Bella Vista drive, Baulkham Hills, while the Butchery in ST Ives has good meat and groceries.

• 3 months later...

Suprised nobody know the The shop in rockdale, Tajah Mahal, Vina stocks heaps of SA products and also has a take away with real samosas mince/veg she cooks them for you or you can buy frozen ones. Her shop is in Bay str near the station, not on the Princess highway side. (over the railway line