JHB Coffee Club?

Mainey

Hi there

Don't see any info for a JHB Coffee Club and would love to get together with people in the same situation. I'm happy to set up a venue on a Saturday morning in early Feb...Let's see where the most central place to meet will be.

Hi there,

look under "Next JHB Coffee Club"....we had one yesterday, sorry you missed it. Maybe PM Milo as she organised this one and she might give you an idea what they decided for a next one.

Adele

Hi there

Don't see any info for a JHB Coffee Club and would love to get together with people in the same situation. I'm happy to set up a venue on a Saturday morning in early Feb...Let's see where the most central place to meet will be.

Thanks for the quick response, Adele.

I'm still a little "doff" with this forum, so will try and PM Milo, but if anyone sets up a JHB coffee club, please post it because I'd really like to attend one.

See you all soon

M

Hi there

Perhaps arrange it for March, then those who wish to can still attend the Pretoria one in Feb. Else find out if there is interest for one in Feb among JHB people and work accordingly. When/if you decide to organise a date post details and PM anyone from JHB who has just joined so they can also link up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

We from Joburg but are going to the Coffee Club get-together in Pretoria later this month.

I'd love to get a Jo'burg group going! I have so many questions to ask... Hubby and I are going on our LSD in March. Would love to get together in April...

How many are we? If the group is not toooo large we can arrange something at my home.

We could accommodate about 30 or so...

Anyone keen?

Hi there

We are definitely interestesd and were thinking the same thing. Honestly, the number of people who want to go are increasing by the day and I don't know if there will be only 30.

Anyway, I don't know if I have this right but I think I read somewhere that Milo was involved in organizing the last one. So... Milo if you read this could u pse let us know what you think?

cheers

ta'mossie

Edited by ta'mossie

Howzit,

I'm not thinking.... it's too late for me to think straight :whome:

The last get together had about 24 adults and almost just as many kids! No there were about 10 muddy kiddies!

If you are willing to put up with us at your home, we can meet there, no problem. Where about in Jozi do you live? For some it might be too far out of their area. Then it might be better to split up and meet at different venues.

I'm planning one for mid March. Just to give the restaurant we used some time to recover a bit... :lol:

Stay in touch.

We are in Lombardy East... but we will be away on LSD from 14/03 to 30/03...

Happy to do it before or after...

If numbers are too many how about we try and find a central venue?

We are in Lombardy East... but we will be away on LSD from 14/03 to 30/03...

Happy to do it before or after...

If numbers are too many how about we try and find a central venue?

We would love to get together for a Jozi Coffee club. March is good. Enjoy your LSD foncused. Look forward to hearing how it went.

Tres

Howzit,

Will confirm the date for March. Need to find out from school if kiddies are writing exams then. After that it's Easter holidays and am sure many will enjoy time away.

Give me a week or so and I'll put everything together. Stressing about the IELTS the weekend etc.

Chatting soon.

No you will be holding thumbs not rooting!!! Check out the forum on ths one it has become a standard joke as of late :ilikeit::D:lol:

Yeah!!

I'm also hoping she'll rather be holding thumbs!!! :ilikeit::D

Thanks Nicki & Carrie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

We stay very close to Midrand, but us Joh-burgers don't mind travelling. We are 4 adults (2 couples) that would love to join a coffee club, please remember us, when you do decide...

Would love to meet ya all!!

Stranded

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I love the language banter that's going on, but for those who think they can use "holding thumbs" here, think again. It is a South Africanism that comes from "hou duime vas' and no Ausie will understand you. Here they only know about "cossing fingers". I thought you only cross your fingers when you are telling a white lie. I love all these differences, it makes life so interesting.

Regards

And now I have to apologize for posting the above message in the wrong place - (techno retard). It was supposed to go with the rooted and holding thumbs converstaion. Sorry, I will still get it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody left in JHB to get together for coffee ? or am i the last.....!!!

Let me know who's interested and i'll put something together

Dave

I'm definately up for a get together. DH and I are going on our LSD next week (29th April) and will be back just after mid May. If you set it up for 24th May or after we can bring lots of info and newspapers from Oz with us!

I'm definately up for a get together. DH and I are going on our LSD next week (29th April) and will be back just after mid May. If you set it up for 24th May or after we can bring lots of info and newspapers from Oz with us!

Great i'll do that, check this post later and i'll let you guys know were we can meet,

Dave

Hi

We are also keen to meet mid-May

cheers

Great

I will put up a location in a week or so depending on how many people want to get together and chat,

Dave

Hi there

If anybody is interrested, we are having a get together on the 3rd of May in Pretoria, at the Rooihuiskraal Feesgronde. If you whant more info you can pm me.

Miri

Our home can cope with 20 - 30 for a braai... We are in Lombardy East... if it's more than that... plan B??