Bertus: Immigration of an Electronic Engineer

Bertus

Hi Everyone

This is my first post and I am very glad to see all the Expats help the rest of us that are still here in SA. I have been thinking about immigrating for a while now and I realized that I have "overstayed" my welcome in my own country. I decided that I have to immigrate to a FIRST world country where there is actually a future for me. What a better place than Australia where I hear Afrikaans is now spoken on the streets… My plan is to get a job + house + car etc. and then get my close family to come live there with a sponsorship from me.

I guess the question that I have:

Is there anybody that immigrated successfully that had the same “status†as I have currently...?

- I did my Electronic Engineering Degree at the University of Pretoria (Passed First Class) 2006 (I am NOT registered as PR. ENG, only CANDIDATE Engineer)

- I have now worked for Transnet for a year and three months to date designing the control systems of locomotives.

- I am 23 years old

- Proficient in Afrikaans and English (Survival- German)

- Healthy + no criminal record

Please advise.

I am going to do whatever it takes to part with Africa - I think all of us deserve a better future than what is possible in SA.

Thank you for everybody’s time reading this.

Best Regards,

Gysbertus Els

Check you 175 PR Visa eligibility with this test.

Click on each of the topics and make sure you can get documents of proof for each one you want to get credit for.

Otherwise you will need a work sponsor on a 457 VISA by an employer...

...or check if a family member in Oz can sponsor you.

Edited by Swerwer

Hi Gysbertus,

My man is 'n elektroniese ingeneuer, het wel ook ander kwalifikasies...

Ons visas is goedgekeur. Ons vertrek middel Mei na Australia.

Go for it!!!! Jy't niks om te verloor behalwe 'n paar rand nie.

Vertrou die Here om jou te lei!

Niens

Hi Swerwer en Niens

Baie dankie vir die raad... Ek gaan defnitief julle altwee se raad volg. Daar is so baie mense wat ek ken wat April/Mei oorgaan - ek wonder of almal net op een slag besluit het dit is nou verby... Ek sal ook almal aanraai om te probeer... Veral my ouderdom mense.

Die Here wys altyd die regte pad uit (soos in die verlede TALLE kere) - dit is verseker.

Goedgaan!

Gysbertus

Bertus,

Sterkte met die hele proses! Met jou werksondervinding sal jy baie vinnig 'n goeie werk kan kry, ek dink.... :-) Gaan kyk by http://www.downunderjobs.com.au/

My man is ook 'n Elektroniese Ing van Tukkies af, al verskil is 'n paar meer jare ondervinding en 'n prof ing. Maar sy ondervinding is meer beperk en ons moet nog vas vas besluit of ons wil gaan..... ek voel al soos 'n wipplank, een dag wil ek die ander dag klou ek nog vas....

Hou ons op hoogte met jou aansoek!

Hi Bertus,

What exact systems did u design on the locomotives and for which class locomotives.?

My hubby also works for Transnet he is a diesel elesctricl fitter, we may have sponsorship from a railgroup in Oz, we are just waiting to hear.

Candice

Hi Everyone

This is my first post and I am very glad to see all the Expats help the rest of us that are still here in SA. I have been thinking about immigrating for a while now and I realized that I have "overstayed" my welcome in my own country. I decided that I have to immigrate to a FIRST world country where there is actually a future for me. What a better place than Australia where I hear Afrikaans is now spoken on the streets… My plan is to get a job + house + car etc. and then get my close family to come live there with a sponsorship from me.

I guess the question that I have:

Is there anybody that immigrated successfully that had the same “status†as I have currently...?

- I did my Electronic Engineering Degree at the University of Pretoria (Passed First Class) 2006 (I am NOT registered as PR. ENG, only CANDIDATE Engineer)

- I have now worked for Transnet for a year and three months to date designing the control systems of locomotives.

- I am 23 years old

- Proficient in Afrikaans and English (Survival- German)

- Healthy + no criminal record

Please advise.

I am going to do whatever it takes to part with Africa - I think all of us deserve a better future than what is possible in SA.

Thank you for everybody’s time reading this.

Best Regards,

Gysbertus Els

HI Adventurer

Ek kan dink dit is moeilik vir julle. Daar is soveel goed wat mens gaan moet agterlaat maar ek dink (en weet eintlik...) dat dit die regte besluit oor die langtermyn gaan wees om Aus toe te gaan. Ek dink wat julle moet doen is om solank die papierwerk reg te kry en dan net te wag vir die regte oomblik. Soos een van die ander posts hierbo gese het - mens kan net geld verloor... maar ek dink vir julle (B.Eng Pr.Eng) is dit 'n druppel in die emmer! (Vir my ook hopelik oor so paar jaar!).

Daar is so baie van ons vriende en familie en kennisse daar dat ek dink ons sal sommer vinnig orals tuisvoel...

Hou my maar op hoogte ASB en sterkte!

Bertus,

Sterkte met die hele proses! Met jou werksondervinding sal jy baie vinnig 'n goeie werk kan kry, ek dink.... :-) Gaan kyk by http://www.downunderjobs.com.au/

My man is ook 'n Elektroniese Ing van Tukkies af, al verskil is 'n paar meer jare ondervinding en 'n prof ing. Maar sy ondervinding is meer beperk en ons moet nog vas vas besluit of ons wil gaan..... ek voel al soos 'n wipplank, een dag wil ek die ander dag klou ek nog vas....

Hou ons op hoogte met jou aansoek!

Hi Candice

Can you believe that - I think I know your husband! I'm working on the control system for the 39-200 and class 40 diesels. Then some other electric locomotives...

Please do keep in contact, I would like to know if you guys get sorted!!

Regards

Hi Bertus,

What exact systems did u design on the locomotives and for which class locomotives.?

My hubby also works for Transnet he is a diesel elesctricl fitter, we may have sponsorship from a railgroup in Oz, we are just waiting to hear.

Candice

Edited by Bertus

Hello!

There is a visa for recent graduates and Univeristy of Pretoria is one of the few from SA that is part of the visa. I am not sure which class is the visa and what are all the requirements, but I suggest you do a bit of research on the immigration website.

Due to your short work experience I don't think you will qualify for a 175.

Other option might be to apply for a student visa and do some post graduate study, however this could be costly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

didl

Bertus,

Welkom op die forum. Kyk ook na www.immi.gov.au vir visa en baie ander inligting. Daar is aanvraag na alle Ingenieurs disiplines, so ek reken jy sal nie te erg sukkel met werk en so nie.

PS: Jy het 'n lekker Afrikaanse naam, Gysbertus, maar ek is bevrees die Aussies se tonge gaan struikel met kom as jy hier is. Ek sien al klaar jy gaan as "Bert " of "Burt" herdoop word of jy nou wil of nie.