Advice needed.....again (sorry!)

ronfire

Hi

We're scheduled to be arriving in Perth on April 19. I will be starting work shortly after arrival, in Joondalup. My employer will organise accommodation for us for the first few weeks. They've given us a choice between a suite at the Joondalup Hotel or a furnished short-stay house in Spyglass Grove in Connolly.

The advantage of the hotel is that it's literally 5 mins walk from work. However, both wife and I are rather keen on having our "own" space at a house, where we can cook and eat what we like,etc without being stuck with hotel restaurants and valet services. However, the hotel is very close to large shoping centres. The house is a bit farther out.

I think we've got an idea of what our choice is going to be. I'd just like to ask forumites what they would pick, especially if you know both places and how they're located!

All advice/suggestions will be welcomed gladly!! :D

Edited by ronfire

I see you have a 3 year old son. If he is anything like mine, would you really like to stay in a hotel? :D I wouldn't even think twice - but that's just my 2c!

Hi Ronfire

Spyglass Grove, is so nicely located near the Golf Course in Connelly. There is a supermarket with in walking distance to spy Glass.

If you need to catch public transport there is bus stop on Hodges Drive , which is about a 2 1/2 block walk from Spy Glass.

The beach is 5 mins down the road from Spy Glass Grove.

Yeah the Joondalup city hotel is nicely located close to the major shopping centre and a beautiful park - Neil Hawkins Park.

There is a CAT service which runs round the centre of Joondalup FOC.

The choice is your really, you cant go wrong either way.

Do you have a kitchen in your suite at the hotel or are you going to have to eat out?

If you can prepare your own meals , that will help especially if you have kids.

Anyway good luck with the decision.

regards

Enrica

Thanks to both of you! The suite does come with a fridge and a microwave, but I don't think that will allow us much cooking! And we're all not great fans of eating out more than once or twice in succession.

The house it is, I guess!!

I see you have a 3 year old son. If he is anything like mine, would you really like to stay in a hotel?

Point taken!!! :ilikeit: He loves his open spaces and being able to run around (at break-neck speed, too!) so I guess a hotel won't be good for my wife's sanity!! (I can escape to work! :ilikeit: )