Any part-time jobs?

Ing

I've read somewhere (long ago) about part-time ad-hoc work (i.e. sorting eggs, picking apples, mysterious shopping, etc, etc) - can't find the thread right now.

What is the availability of such jobs? If hubby is there on a 457 - will I be able to work ad hoc? Or is it only if we have a PR.

I am talking about hourly-jobs : this week here and next week something else...

Has anyone done it. What does it pay? Is is okay to supplement your income without going out into a full-time job?

Any views will be appreciated.

PS: We are planning to go to Perth.

Thanks!

Hi there, we are in Perth on hubby's 457 and I can work as well if I want. There are loads of part time jobs if you are willing to give anything a go. What you earn will depend on what job you have. And my understanding is there are lots of moms who only work parttime, eg 3 days per week. Hope this helps!

Just to expand, you can do any job you want, even fulltime work in any profession. This is the strange thing about Aus visas. All the checks are done on the main applicant and if regional then the restrictions are on them but spouses (or coapplicants/ dependants) can work where they like.