Geelong

KMG

Hi there

Anyone living or have lived in Geelong?

We live in Somerset West and are used to living out of the City, yet close enough if we need more action. It looks quite nice. Any info will be great.

Thanks,

KMG

No problem if you are going to be working in Geelong, just remember it is around 75klms and in peak traffic could take you 205 minutes. There are some lovely suburbs there.

No problem if you are going to be working in Geelong, just remember it is around 75klms and in peak traffic could take you 205 minutes. There are some lovely suburbs there.

Thanks Mara!

Someone told me that Geelong is backwards. I asked her what she meant and she said it was like PE. Never been to PE and never heard that it was backwards, so maybe you can tell me what you think about the comment. It will obviously be your opinion.

We will try and work there too. It looks like Geelong is big enough to provide work opportunities for us. My husband owns a plumbing business and I own a skin clinic. He will want to get a job in a big company where there is room for promotion and climbing the ladder and I will first settle the family and then look at my options.

Are there any areas in Geelong that are not as good as other areas (not sure how to word this appropriately)?

Will really appreciate your input and that of ANYONE that has a bit to offer.

Cheers,

KMG

Edited by KMG

A potential job offer came through, then fell through and it was based in Geelong. Have to agree with you, it looks lovely!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi KMG,

My husband has just returned from LSD to Melbourne and took some pics of Geelong waterfront. It looks lovely. He reckons the town is a bit like Pietermaritzburg.post-8267-1206344534.jpg

(Not sure if I have attached this picture correctly - if you need more pics then e mail me)

Regards

Mandy