C# Developer

MichaelvdBerg

Hi,

I'm a senior C# developer with Solid sql 2k/2005 and SSIS knowledge and 4 years to throw at it.

I will be submitting my ACS application in June and then will have to wait probably 2 months and the long 6+months for the actual skilled independent PR visa. By that time I will be in the nut-house along with many other honest tax payers. Does any1 here know of any Ozzie IT companies that are recruiting in SA currently? I know the expo is in the end of March again but there are only Mining and Engineering companies desperate enough to come here :holy:

If you know of any recruiting websites, I only want those who actually do the sponsored visa applications.

Fanx :ilikeit:

\m/

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm a senior C# developer with Solid sql 2k/2005 and SSIS knowledge and 4 years to throw at it.

I will be submitting my ACS application in June and then will have to wait probably 2 months and the long 6+months for the actual skilled independent PR visa. By that time I will be in the nut-house along with many other honest tax payers. Does any1 here know of any Ozzie IT companies that are recruiting in SA currently? I know the expo is in the end of March again but there are only Mining and Engineering companies desperate enough to come here :ilikeit:

If you know of any recruiting websites, I only want those who actually do the sponsored visa applications.

Fanx :ilikeit:

\m/

Michael

Before you just throw everything at a sponsorship, you have to consider the following: If you get sponsorship from a company, you can only work for that company and obviously on a permanent basis. The IT market is booming there right now, so it boils down to earning a permanent salary of about A$80K - A$100K as a good C# developer for quite a while as you are bound by contract or waiting here another 3 months to get PR and then earn between A$650 - A$750 per DAY as a contractor. My friend in Sydney says that there is no shortage of contracts and the pay is really good, doesn't make much financial sense at this stage to go permanent. Some people like being permanent, but if you can do with the extra money to settle into the Aus lifestyle, the contracting route could prove to be better even if you only do it for a year or so.

Hi Legacy,

Thanks for the post! I've also heard that it's booming and I'm glad to hear that your friend also confirms it. The thing is, I have to submit my ACS stuff in June only as I don't want to take the chance of submitting now without being able to prove my first few months in 2004 (start of my career) due to the lack of documents and also since I did the work for my brother. The point being, I can only prove 4 years of C# (MODL, SOL) in June.

The ACS takes 2 months and that means I can realistically only submit in August. If I have to wait a year or so from there before my pr indepentend visa arrives, I will go out of my mind... especially considering our rand's devaluation. That's the only reason I'm going the sponsored route and I'll be looking at jobs between 80k and 110k.

It doesn't make financial sense to me now earning a decent salary here but possible having to devide it by 10 by the time I'm going instead of 7.35 (tonight). It's like one is losing money down the conduit of our current state and I'm getting very itchy because of it...and because of a girl in Sydney but that is a different story LOL :P

Hi Michael,

I'm heading the same way you are. I'm also too impatient to wait for the PR Visa, and will be starting my search for a sponsor in two week's time.

I know of one company that I think will be at the expo - TRS (www.totalresource.com.au). Maybe give them a call/drop an e-mail and see what happens.

Like I said, I'm waiting to write 2 Microsoft exams mid April, and then I'll be starting with the hunting process. So I can't really guarentee you a response from them.

Good luck!

Suzanne

...and I'm getting very itchy because of it...and because of a girl in Sydney but that is a different story LOL :(

Maybe you should get that seen to, they have wonderful antibiotics these days. Sorry, I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

TRS are a recruitment agency, and are pretty good, very professional (at least on the phone). I spoke to them a lot when trying to find sponsors. They can't hire you directly (because of the "on-hire" laws in Oz, which basically means they can't sponsor you and then hire you out as a contractor/consultant working for TRS), but it's a good idea to corner one of them to find out what your options are.

Maybe you should get that seen to, they have wonderful antibiotics these days. Sorry, I couldn't resist :angry:

Ha ha ha! :ilikeit::blink:

Very sharp, Wislon, very sharp indeed!

LOL Wilson..

I would be overdoesed on that antibiotic pretty soon considering all the stuff that is coming down on us in SA